26| End For Us.

Vikrant :

I woke up to find Simran missing. I was suddenly having an icy feeling, despite knowing that everything was well and good. I didn't know what was going wrong but something surely was. It was a strong gut feeling.

I freshened up quickly and went into the dining hall. "Where's Simran?", I asked Nikita. "She is off for work. She said she has an important meeting.", she replied.

"Everything's okay Vikrant Bhai?", Jayesh asked looking at my pale face. "Ye-Yes everything is fine.", I lied as I went upstairs and dressed up for office. I went and sat in the car and called her up.

"Yes?", she asked. Her voice sounded slightly numb.

"Simran.. are you fine?", I asked. There was a pause and then she said, "Vikrant I am in a meeting. I will call you back later.. and yes, I am fine.", she said and hung up.

...

Simran :

I was sitting alone in my cabin as I hung up the call. Tears had not stopped yet. Vikrant Suryavanshi had a contract of one year with Manav about me. 

wow.

Arshika had met Manav in California and had developed a liking for him, until he revealed that he was supposed to "get me back" as if I was some article for rent or sale from The Tycoon Vikrant. And here I was believing that I was in love, and it was not one sided. I had an urge to slap Vikrant across the face and let him know that he couldn't just trade me without my consent. 

I wanted to scream, shout and tell him that I was after all.. after all in love with him..  and I didn't want to go.

I broke into tears in the empty cabin. Why? Why was it always me?  

Just then there was a sharp knock at the door. I immediately wiped off my tears, "Yes.", I said in a broken voice. "Ma'am may I come in?", a known voice said, I did not have the patience to bother and recognise as I calmed down

"So how are you doing baby?", I looked up. And I froze.

"Suyash.", my voice trembled as I stood up.

"Who else but your husband.", he said smiling sarcastically.

My fuse went off here. I picked up the ash tray and threw it at him.  "YOU ARE NOT MY HUSBAND!", I screamed.

"Oh baby, but the truth-"

"What truth! What truth are you talking about?!", I shouted at him.

"The truth that you are engaged to me. I still have your name tattooed on my ring finger.", he said calmly.

"I WAS engaged to you, Suyyash Maheshwari, in case you don't realise!", I shot back immediately as I moved out from behind the desk and stood right opposite to him. "You are NOT my husband, does this simple thing not enter your head?", I said in gritted teeth. He looked at me with sheer anguish.

"My family is involved in this. You can't be cheating on me this way.", he replied.

"Are you mad or what? Are you not understanding what I am saying? I am NOT in any relationship with you, you freaking nut!", I replied feeling extremely irritated.

"You can shout at Prithvi and shut his mouth-"

"The same guy you lied to about me being married? Yeah sure! You lied to him and he believed it and now he goes about telling the same story to every bloody place he goes!", I shoved my hair backwards with my hand looking away.

My temple was throbbing due to all the screaming.

Suyyash held my wrist tightly and looked me in the eye, "You can't keep lying."

"For God's sake! I am not lying! I was engaged to you! I AM NOT MARRIED! What language should I explain-"

"YOU, SIMRAN AHLUVALIA ARE MY WIFE. Nothing can change it-", and the door behind him creaked open. 

Vikrant stood behind him looking at both of us.

"Simran?", he asked softly.

"There you are! Listen here! She is my wife. She belongs to me..", Suyyash started, my mind seemed to become numb. I covered my face with my hands, I was going into a panic attack, my head was throbbing badly.. and I blacked out. 

......

I slowly opened my eyes, I was on my recliner.

Was that a nightmare? - I was immediately proven wrong as I noticed Vikrant standing by the window smoking in cigarette. He would also probably misunderstand me and believe that Suyyash.

"Vikrant.", I said in a whisper holding my head.

He lowered his cigarette and looked at me.

"You have no idea what you have done.", he said softly.

I looked at him for a moment, his face was impassive.

"Now what did I do?", I asked.

He walked down to my desk and picked up the remote from my table and turned on the Television on the right wall of my cabin.

"Is Simran Suryavanshi indeed married to Suyyash before she married Tycoon Vikrant? Or is this all a lie?", the headline read. My heart skipped a beat, I immediately stood up. Tears welling up. The clip of my almost violent reaction to Suyyash played on the television screen.

I snatched the remote from Vikrant and changed the channel, tears flowing down incessantly. The same news on every channel. 

I sat back, devastated.

I looked at Vikrant helplessly. He had a sad face.. as if helpless.

"What-What do I do?", I asked him sobbing. He drew in a deep breath. "You-You can't stop the telecast of this?"

"Simran, it was live when you reacted. Now, it has been running for almost four hours, I tried but media is more powerful I believe. Suyyash Maheshwari is smarter than you think. He had spoken to the CCTV Office of your Office. Bribed and got this clip live telecasted on every single place he could.", he said sadly, placing his cigarette on a shattered piece of the ash try.

"And you, the business tycoon Vikrant Suryavanshi, can do nothing?!", I asked him irritably.

"No."

"Obviously! I don't matter to you! Why would you even care? If you can have a contract about me then I am nothing but an article of sale for you!", he looked at me in shock.

"Ho-How do you-"

"I think this is the end of us.", I said storming out of the cabin, wiping my tears.

.....

Is this the end?

Leap coming soon

Drop in your views