Chapter 133: Sentinel & Guide (X)

Shang Ke checked the spiritual state of the Dark Sentinel while controlling the barrier. This was a long and boring process. Spiritual barriers not only consumed more energy, but were also extremely inefficient. This was the reason most guides were unwilling to activate a barrier while giving spiritual assistance.

Shang Ke looked calm as he slowly explored. He combed through every nook and cranny, before finally finding something unusual. More than two hours had passed since he began.

The interested people outside monitoring the situation gradually grew bored. A guide whispered to his companion, "Isn't he a Dark Guide with an S-level spirit? How can a simple spiritual detection take so long?"

His companions also complained, "Yeah, we have been sitting here for two or three hours. If he can't finish his detection in one day, should we wait with him for another day?"

Several guides next to them also displayed very impatient expressions.

Suddenly, an indifferent voice spoke up, "You all feel uncomfortable sitting in a comfortable conference hall. How do you think the person using his spiritual powers for several hours on end feels?"

When the guides heard this, their faces turned green and white. If it had been any other sentinel, the guides would still dare to refute his words, but the speaker turned out to be Mitchell, who was always known to be cold and proud. They could only keep their mouths shut and refrain from speaking.

Lucian's eyes chilled, and his clenched fingers almost squeezed into the palm of his hand. He also held some prejudice against Shang Ke, but not because of the preferential treatment he received. It was because of Mitchell. Lucian liked Mitchell since he was young, but their spiritual compatibility was only 6%, while Shang Ke easily reached 96%.

How could this not make him jealous? Although he knew that it was impossible even if Shang Ke wasn't around, he couldn't keep himself calm when he saw how much Mitchell liked Shang Ke.

Lucian moved his gaze towards Shang Ke on the screen again, and a strong desire for competition arose in his heart.

Just then, the hospital received two more sentinels with the same symptoms. Since the onset of the illness was the same as that of the previous sentinels, they didn't rush to treat the patient and directly sent the patient here.

After the President arranged the people, Lucian suddenly said, "Those two men haven't been ill for a long time, so why not let me check them out."

With Lucian's S-level spirit, he could provide spiritual assistance to the most ordinary sentinels.

The Dean hesitated for a bit.

"Let's wait for the results from Shang Ke," he said.

Lucian replied lightly, "As long as we have a spiritual barrier open, I believe there won't be too much danger."

Seeing that the Dean still disagreed, Lucian added, "Time is tight. No one can guarantee that Shang Ke's detection results will be correct. He's assisting a Dark Sentinel, but there are still more ordinary sentinels in need."

After hearing this, the Dean discussed it with several other people for a moment before finally agreeing. "Alright, then we'll leave it to you. Have Officer Dwayne protect you."

Dwayne was a Class A Sentinel and was also Lucian's current best match. The compatibility between them was 82%.

Lucian took the lead out of the conference hall, and Dwayne followed him in silence.

In the monitoring screen, there was another image. Lucian opened a spiritual barrier and began to probe the sentinel's mind on the bed.

All the people in the conference hall were staring at the progress on both sides.