NO. 26

Cia was sitting on the chair in front of a mirror, doing her make-up. She said she's going to sleep at ten and at half past ten she was already with Kim. Cia finished her make-up and got dressed in perfect black dress. Why perfect, when she hated dresses? So many things were hidden underneath. Two knifes, a shotgun, tracking device, and so on.

"Don't forget, you need to find place to put that tracker to. After it's done, we'll get out."
"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing. Besides I'm the one who should be nervous. What if something goes wrong in hotel? Or what if Mace recognise me?" Cia knew that won't happen. They had Gevin staying in her room. He was a brilliant hacker, so he'll be able to use recordings of her to get out of every situation.

"Don't worry Cia, I won't fuck up," he said to her ear.
"I know you will not. But I'm still worried. Don't take it personally." Cia could hear him and communicate with him, just to make sure.

Cia and Kim both got into the car. Cia was supposed to perform at 23:15, so they had exactly 25 minutes to get there. "Here," Kim said and handed her a beautiful black mask. It covered more than half of her face and it was beautiful. Cia smiled. She looked perfect. Like death.

"Und jetz spielt Ammelia Wrücksten Klavier!" announced someone in german.
"And now perform Ammelia Wrücksten on piano!" Someone else repeated in English and Cia walked out to the piano.  She bowed to everyone and sat behind the piano, feeling Mace's stare on her already. God let this work!

Cia started with first song. She was good, taking her situation. "He's watching you. Be careful." Cia knew Mace is watching her carefully. Luckily she didn't ask him to teach her to play. He would definitely know it's her.

Mace came to the event he was invited to. It looked really fancy there. A lot of people were there, everyone wearing mask. He took a glass of champagne and looked for some familiar faces, which was extremely hard because of those masks.

Then someone announced performance on piano. He walked there with a crowd, knowing that everyone will be paying attention only a few first minutes. A girl, dressed in black dress and mask bowed to everyone and sat behind the piano. But something seemed to be off.

She was reminding him someone. But that was impossible. How would Cia get there? There was no chance, she didn't even know how to play piano. Mace was sure with that, she tried once. It was a horrifying experience. But how did they look so familiar?

Cia was playing second song already, not many people were paying attention.  Unfortunately, Mace was one of those few who were. "He's calling Cia," Gevin announced her and she listened how Gevin picked up the phone.

"Cia?" She felt his glare.
"Yes Mace?" Her voice asked, wow, she even sounded sleepy. "Is everything OK? Why are you calling?" Cia stood up and bowed, then sat again, starting the third song.
"Sorry kid, did I wake you up?"
"Hmm. And I'm not a kid." Gevin was really good at that.
"Well I'm sorry. Go back to sleep."
"Are you sure everything is fine?"
"Yes. Good night Cia."
"Good night." Cia smiled a little bit. He did it.

"Am I not the best? Don't answer, I already know that." She finished the third song, those few who were paying attention clapped, she bowed again and left the stage.

"Thanks Gevin, you're the best," she told him right away.
"You're welcome. By the way I thought you can't play piano. That was amazing!"
"I've learnt last week. Kim?"
"Yes?"
"I figured something out. Gevin, can you look out some of his photos? Look if he has a platinum necklace on them."
"I'm on it."
"Kim, if I'm right, we will need much smaller tracking device. Do you have some?"
"How much smaller?"
"A lot. Small like-"
"You know what? Come up here and choose some yourself."