Chapter One : The Beginning

A/n: Just a quick reminder from the author, because I started this story almost a year ago, the beginning is not my best work. But if you're willing to continue reading until book two and onwards, I promise it'll be worth it. Either way, have a great read!

Y/n's POV:

It was a brilliant summers day in mid August. The beaming sun was shining through the open cracks of the window, giving the small bedroom a golden glow of light. The clouds that where usually crowding the sky where almost completely gone, leaving only the trilinquent blue in view.

A small flock of birds swarmed around the small blossom tree in the garden. The dainty pink and white petals fell onto the dull green grass giving it a little more colour.

It was rarely this bright summer-y. Where I lived, it tended to be mostly rainy, the view above full of grey clouds and the ground covered in mud. This was one of the many reasons I preferred staying at the Weasley's over the summer. It was always brighter by the burrow, cozy and homely even in mid January. It never failed to lift my spirits.

Sadly, because my dad was always away for work, I was usually home alone since I had no siblings to share it with. To other children it may seem like a dream come true but truthfully, it got lonely at times.

It was a week before school at Hogwarts would start back up again and my Dad had to leave for another business trip but I was finally able to stay at the Weasley's this time. My dad always tried to make enough time for me but it was really hard to do with his new job. It was the only thing supporting us right now and he had to take more shifts and trips than usual in order to keep our heads above water.

"Y/n! It's 11:15 it's time to go now!" I heard my dad's deep voice ringing from downstairs.

"Coming, just need to grab one last thing!" I replied, racing around my room to find the only thing left that I needed.

"Ah ha!" I said in triamph. I picked up Y/o/n's blanket and stuffed it in her cage as she hooted in thanks.

I walked downstairs with my luggage and Y/o/n in her cage in hand to see my dad standing by the fireplace.

"Ok good you've got everything. I'm sorry I can't see you off at 9¾ but I love you, I hope you know that." He smiled, face burdened with sadness and guilt.

"Of course I know that Dad. And I love you to but you need to stop apologising, you try your best and I'm proud of you for that!" I wrapped my arms around him and waved him goodbye as I carried my stuff to the fireplace, placed it down and grabbed a handful of floo powder.

"The burrow!" I stated loud and clearly (knowing from experience how bad it would turn out if I didn't say it correctly) and threw the powder into the fireplace. Green flames surrounded me and I soon found myself at my destination.

"Oh Y/n you made it! It's so good to see you dear!" A short, plump woman with firey ginger hair stated exitedly and pulled me into a hug.

"It's so good to see you too Molly!" I smiled happily at the woman.

"I think the twins have missed you the most however." She chuckled and turned her head to the left to hear the sound of stomping footsteps running down the staircase yelling, "Mum is Y/n here yet?" They stood frozen the the bottom of the staircase when they noticed me here.

"So what you're just going to stand there and look at me?" I chuckled.

"Yayyy you're here!" They cheered in unison before running up to hug me tightly. I imidiently hugged them back, grinning wildly.

"Ok guys- can't breathe!" I choked out breathlessly. I took in a big gulp of air when the pulled back. "Merlin you guys are strong!"

Fred winked at me. "Good to know."

"Oh shut your trap!" I yelled and I punched him in the arm lightly.

"CAN YOU GUYS SHUT IT I'M TRYING TO GET WORK DONE!" I heard an angry voice booming from upstairs.

"Don't mind him, Percy's been in such a mood lately. I'm starting to think he's got his man period or something!" George said and we all laughed.

"Muuumm when's lunch ready? I'm hungry!" I heard Ron say as he walked down the flight of stairs.

"But you're always hungry Ronald." I chuckled.

"Y/n!" He yelled exitedly, noticing my presence when I spoke and he pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Ron, I still see you're hungry." I chuckled and he blushed from embarrassment.

"You know he hasn't stopped talking about you all summer. I think ikkle Ronikins has a crush." Fred teased.

"Fred!" Ron yelled, even more embarrassed with a red flush spreading to the tips of his ears; something found commonly in the Weasley family.

"Fred Gideon Weasley stop embarrassing poor Ron! The boys allowed to have a crush!" I smacked the back of his head lightly.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry bloody hell!" He gasped dramatically and rubbed the back of his head where I had hit him.

"Hey I just remembered, you said you in your last letter that you had some exiting news to tell us when you next saw us! Sooo what is it?" George questioned me.

"Oh yeah!" I clicked my fingers together, remembering what I was planning on telling them. "I got Prefect!" I smiled happily and pointed to my badge that I had adjusted to my t-shirt this morning.

Both Fred and George groaned in annoyance.

"What? Aren't you guys happy for me?" I asked, slightly disappointed by their reaction.

"No, no we are!" George put his hands up in defence. "It's just that..." He trailed off.

"Percy also got Prefect." Fred finished for him.

"Oh that's just great!" I muttered, gravely annoyed now.

"But that doesn't matter right now. We're still really proud of you!" George added, noticing my irritation.

My expression quickly changed into that of a smile. "I know I'm so excited! You should have seen my dad's face when he found out, he could hardly believe it himself!"

"Speaking of faces, George and I came up with a brilliant new idea for our joke shop!" Fred said, his usual chessire grin danced apon his face and both him and George grabbed onto my wrists and pulled me up the stairs.

"Merlin's beard! Can you guys slow down? I still can't run that fast!" I took a second to catch my breath.

"For Godric's sake can you two-" a door to my right slammed open to reveal Percy. He was still in his pyjamas but you can tell by the ink stains on his hands and his messy hair that he had been working.

He pushed his glasses up a bit and stared rather annoyed at me. "Great you're here too!"

"Yes I'm here Percival and if you've got a problem with that then feel free to leave." I stated, angrily and pulled Fred and George up the stairs to their room.

Just wonderful, I thought.

Word count: 1558