Chapter 18B

Beomgyu's POV

"IS THIS TOO much?" I asked Kai as I showed him the beret I wore.

He's on my bed while watching a show on my television. He is also eating chocolate that I stock in my drawer located on my side table. I let him take one piece.

He nodded. "We're not going to a run-way audition, Beomgyu. We're going to have an audition to be a trainee if you've forgotten."

I pouted. He has a point but fashion is still necessary. I didn’t follow his advice and just adjusted the beret I was wearing while looking at my reflection in the mirror.

"Why do you ask for advice but don't follow it after?" Kai asked me. He turned off the television and he threw the bag of chocolate in the trash.

"Not every advice needs to be followed. I'm just asking for your opinion but it doesn't mean that my opinion should be manipulated by yours." I explained to him as we head down the first floor.

"Okay, if you said so."

We left the room and went straight down the stairs. I caught up with my Mom sitting in the living room. She is holding a remote and is looking for a movie to watch on Netflix.

"Mom, we'll go ahead."

I approached Mom and she let me kiss her forehead as I said goodbye to her. "Give it your all, okay? I know how hard you've practiced so give your best out there!"

I nodded. Kai and I went out of the house and went straight outside. I saw a van parked after we exited the gate. We will use a van to go to the audition venue. We immediately went inside and saw that the boys were the only ones inside. I went to in the second row from the back to settle. A few minutes later the girls arrived. I smiled when I saw Ryujin.

"You want to sit near the window right?" I got up from my seat and waited for her to sit in the seat I had said earlier before I sat next to her.

We soon went to the building where the audition will be held. Manager Jihyo was waiting outside when we got there.

"I'm sure you all practiced well. Let's go, I'll guide you where the audition will be held." She stated.

We were all silent as we followed her. When she turned the doorknob and the cold air embraced my skin that’s when I felt the nervousness that I was determined to hide earlier.

There is a large table where the judges will sit. "Set your instruments at the center. Jaehoon assists them please." He called a man who nodded after receiving the order.

He helped us set up our instruments. Soobin and Yuna only brought portable drums because it would be difficult for them to set up their huge drum set here.

After a few minutes after we set our things, the judges then went inside one by one. We'll always bow to them as we greet them 'hello'.

"Let's start this audition." Mr. Bang seriously commanded.

We prepared two songs. An English and a Korean song. First, we will play is the English song.

Soobin will play first and Yuna will accompany him. Then we'll enter afterward.

Soobin will signal Yuna when will he start. When Soobin raised his hand, Yuna then started playing. We then followed.

"Ain't never felt this way
Can't get enough so stay with me
It's not like we got big plans
Let's drive around town holding hands"

That's Taehyun. His voice was so beautiful that I almost made a mistake in strumming the guitar. Lia sang next.

"And you need to know
You're the only one, alright, alright
And you need to know
That you keep me up all night, all night"

Her deep voice was so great. Her performance is better than when we practiced. She caught a cold a few days ago so her voice was shaky at times. I'm glad she recovered and now her voice screams perfection.

I look at Ryujin from time to time. I will always catch her stealing a glance at me that made me smile. She's too cute. She's too cute to handle. I always avert my eyes when I see Yeonjun stares at me.

He's showing his protective brother image once again.

When the last chorus came, Taehyun and Lia sang together. Their voices compliment each other. I feel like I'm in heaven because of how good their voices are.

"Oh, my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad, oh
Oh, my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad, oh

So bad, oh
Oh, my heart hurt
Oh, my heart hurt
Oh, my heart hurt
So bad, oh"

Shortly after the first song we instantly get ready for the second song. For the second song, we all have the chance to showcase our voices.

"I feel tired tonight
A word that you can’t forget in a breeze
Sorry, for not turning back
Sorry, for selfish self of mine"

As expected from our oldest. The way he sings can melt your heart. He's the first one who sung. The next one is Lia with her deep voice again.

"The paled city lights
A chilling voice
Sorry, for not turning back
Sorry, for selfish self of mine
Sorry, even if I’m late already"

Ryujin, me, Yuna, and Soobin then followed.

"Tonight
A night with a covered face
I’m in blurred thoughts
Why everything is getting harder again?

I’m lonely
A night that I’m the only lonely
Perhaps waiting without knowing
Why you have not called me yet?

I’m sorry don’t go, don’t forget me
I’ll be there with you
I’ll only see you tonight

I’m sorry, really sorry so please don’t girl
Come back to me again
Cause without you, there’s no me anymore"

Taehyun and Kai then showcase their voices during the chorus.

"I feel tired tonight
A word that you can’t forget in a breeze
Sorry, for not turning back
Sorry, for selfish self of mine

The paled city lights
A chilling voice
Sorry, for not turning back
Sorry, for selfish self of mine
Sorry, even if I’m late already"

Chaeryeong and Lia hit the bridges as it sends towards the final chorus.

"The eyes that looked at me before
Your hands, I’ve get used to already
Now I’m in the picture too
But my tears have turned red
The street I’ve met with you
The hours that we spent together
I think I can’t let them go"

To wrap up the song, Yeji and Taehyun took the last chorus with their powerful voices.

"I feel tired tonight
A word that you can’t forget in a breeze
Sorry, for not turning back
Sorry, for selfish self of mine

The paled city lights
A chilling voice
Sorry, for not turning back
Sorry, for selfish self of mine
Sorry, even if I’m late already"

A round of applause surround the whole room when we finished. I saw how big the judges' smiles are and can't help but be proud of our team that we reach this stage in our life where famous music critics appreciate our talents.