Chapter Eighteen

"You can close your eyes to reality, but not to memories

"You can close your eyes to reality, but not to memories." - Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

The right side of Alia's body slams onto the blue mat. A stinging pain blooms within her right thigh and it, along with the rest of her aching body, leads to her waving a hand in the air. "Okay, okay I'm done."

Remnants of punches and kicks from other training pack members linger within her bruising muscles. They asked to train with her and Liam and the pair obliged to the multiple requests. The different fighting styles were a valuable training resource, but it has tired them both exponentially. Some of them she managed to fight easily, but there were others that required much more effort from her side.

Alia experienced losses and wins, and gained a lot of knowledge on how to better her training for the Trials. That is, if she still wants to participate in it after tonight.

A hand is outstretched before her and she accepts it with a small groan. Liam pulls her to a stand, grimacing whilst he clutches the left side of his ribs with his free hand.

Neither of them speak as they grab their red-stained white towels and numbered keys, and waddle towards the large double doors that separate the central training room from the rest of the facility. Hisses and grunts leave their mouths as they try to find a comfortable gait.

They really didn't think this through.

Short strands of dark green grass smush underneath Alia's shoes as she trudges home with her arms wrapped around herself

Short strands of dark green grass smush underneath Alia's shoes as she trudges home with her arms wrapped around herself. Warm lights from homes and shops illuminate the surrounding dark environment and it helps her in keeping the forest border to her left.

When Alia and Liam walked out of the training centre, Alia was quickly informed by the male that the Gamma requested his presence. So, before they parted ways, Alia thanked him for the training session and for helping her get through her unusual anger.