Chapter 17 - Jay

Is she fucking kidding me? Charlie chuckles when I throw some fries back and shake my head at her. She smiles and shakes her head at me. 

Charlie asked me if she could take me somewhere when we walked out of the building. And now we sit here in a booth in some kind of dinner, enjoying a hamburger, some fries and a large milkshake. We keep the conversation light and we laugh constantly. 

"I like your mom." 

I roll my eyes at her. "Sure." 

"I'm serious, I'm sure she loves me." She takes a big bite of her burger. 

"And how would you know that?" I ask amused. 

Charlie wipes her mouth and looks at me again. God why are her eyes so beautiful? "Because you love me." She smirks when she sees me blushing. "And I know you and your mom are almost exactly the same person, you look alike and I'm sure that your personality comes from her too." 

I let our fingers intertwine and look into her eyes again. "Thank you." 

"For what? Telling the truth?" 

I shake my head. "No, for seeing my mom and looking past everything, you just told me how my mom used to be." If only my dad would see that too again. 

Charlie notices that I want to change the subject, so she does. "In a month we're going to New York." She says. "How are you feeling about that?" She ask, sipping from her milkshake. 

"Pretty excited, I'm going to show you all the places that I love." We share a smile. 

"I'm pretty sure every place is amazing, because you are there." Why does she have to make me blush again? 

"I want to kiss you right now." 

Charlie smiles, she brings my knuckles to her lips and lightly kisses my fingers. "So kiss me." 

I look into her eyes one more time. Fuck it. We are still in manhattan, who do we know here? No one. I bend over the table, Charlie meets me half way and when our lips connect everything inside me explodes. 

I can't keep the smile from forming when I sit back and neither can Charlie. She fumbles with my fingers and pricks some lettuce with her fork. 

It feels like I can finally be me, when I'm with her. Like I don't have to hide myself anymore. I'm free. 

"Next week." I look up. "There is a party next week, do you wanna go? We can also stay at my house, to watch a movie." 

I think about it a few times. "We ditched the boys a few times now, maybe we should go." I look at her, see if she disagrees. "Not that I don't want to watch a movie with you, it's just -" 

"Jay." She says smirking. "It's fine, I agree. I think that Jake would beat me up if I ditched him one more time." We chuckle. 

"And I think that he will break his hand." 

"Definitely." We both burst out laughing. I see it happening, that dork is the most clumsy moron I know and I know me. 

"I want to take you somewhere tomorrow." Charlie says. I meet her eyes again, a warm feeling spread through my body. "But only if you want to." 

I nod. "Where are we going?" 

Charlie smirks. "I'm not telling you, I want to keep it a surprise." Bitch. "But It's a place were I come a lot, well were I used to come a lot." 

"Mmm, now I'm curious." I let my fingers slide over her knee from under the table. 

She shakes her head at me. "Stop, Jay, I'm not saying it." She stares at me when I continue. "Jay."