xxxvii. i would fall from grace

Remus was silent, and didn't respond to her for a while

Remus was silent, and didn't respond to her for a while. Aurora sat up to turn the lamp on her bedside table off, surrounding them in darkness. She lowered herself again, turning her body to face his. Remus was gnawing on his lip, she could tell that the nerves had returned to him. "I would miss you." He admitted.

Aurora was glad that they were shrouded in darkness, so he wouldn't be able to see the flush that spread across her face. She reached out to him instead of responding, her hand laying gently on his chest as his arm moved around her shoulders, leaving her head to rest against him. "I was happy that they put us together for prefect patrols in our fifth year. That's my actual fun fact." She mumbled into his chest, pointedly not looking at him.

She could feel his arm tighten around her, trying to pull her closer than she already was. "It would have been better if you said you could sleep with one eye open." Aurora turned her head to look at him, any embarrassment she might have felt was gone and let the smile ease on to her face.

"Who said I couldn't?" She said, her voice getting quieter as she became more tired. She let the pride of making Remus laugh wash over her as she closed her eyes, ready to fall asleep. The last thing Aurora picked up on was the feeling of him pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

Waking up beside someone was strange, Aurora thought. For one, she wasn't alone in the bed, not being able to have the duvet to herself. Maybe it wasn't strange—just different. It was a peculiar kind of different though, the one she found herself desperately wanting to keep. The rhythmic rise and fall of Remus' chest, having their bodies entwine together sometime during the night, the unburdened look on his face, making him look younger, more innocent of the world. Aurora found herself enjoying it all, even the extra heat coming from his body.

Aurora lifted her head from his chest, glancing to see the time. It was only 9am. She knew that Remus wouldn't be up for a while, but she also knew that she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. Carefully she turned away from Remus, reaching out to grab the book she hadn't finished last night as she had been interrupted. Holding the book open with one hand, the other somehow found its way in Remus' hair, running back and forth. The only noise filling the room was Remus' steady breaths and the sound of the pages turning.

Around an hour later, Remus finally started to wake up; she had finished her book a few minutes ago and had been futilely attempting to distract herself by playing with his hair. He blinked blearily up at her, a small smile on his face. "Good sleep?"

Remus nodded slowly, starting to sit up and Aurora quickly removed her hand from his hair. "What time is it?" Dear god, she thought, his morning voice was hot.

Aurora pursed her lips together, looking at the clock on her wall. "Nearly 10." Remus groaned, and, okay, that really was not helping. "What do you want to do today?" She asked him, swinging her legs off the bed and standing up.

"Dunno." He mumbled, pulling down the sleeves of his jumper over his hands. She wasn't entirely sure why he wore a jumper to bed, but she had her suspicions that it could have to do with his scars; there were none on his face, just small ones across his nose and lip. But Aurora could guess that there were larger ones on the rest of his body, and wow, she really needed to stop thinking about his body. She coughed lightly to clear her throat and looked anywhere else in the room, worried that he might have heard that, which was stupid since he couldn't read minds, but she still worried.

"Well, we have all day to think of something to do." She grinned at him. "But right now, I'm going to make some breakfast."

"I wouldn't call putting cereal and milk into a bowl 'making breakfast'." Remus said. Aurora narrowed her eyes at him, and then moved around her room to gather her clothes.

"I'm going to...uh. " She pointed to the door at the side of her room that connected her bathroom. By the time she had come out of the bathroom, Remus was still lounging in her bed. "Comfortable?" She teased, enjoying the way his cheeks flushed red. "Come on." Aurora didn't wait for him as she left her room to go downstairs, figuring he'll come down when he's dressed.

Once in the kitchen, she instantly made a cup of coffee and then thought about actually cooking something. She looked over to the cereal boxes and decided against it. By the time Remus had joined her, she was halfway through her bowl. "Made your breakfast?"

Aurora, instead of responding, lifted her middle finger at him whilst she continued to eat. As she had expected, the sound of Remus' laughter was spread throughout the room. With a cup of tea in hand, he sat down next to her. "Did you only change your jumper?"

A sheepish look came over his face as he flushed from embarrassment from being caught. "Would you believe me if I said no?"

"No, I would not believe you." Aurora grinned, shoving more cereal into her mouth and her grin only spreading wider as Remus' nose crinkled looking at the mess that was now surrounding her bowl. "How many jumpers do you have?" She only realised that she had never seen him wearing the same jumper twice. And he was always wearing one. The red that was already on his cheeks spread further, the tips of his ears turning slightly pink as well. Remus looked away and mumbled something quietly, too quiet for her to hear. "What was that?" She asked him.

He sighed heavily beside her and turned his head to her, but still not meeting her eyes. "I may have a collection."

Aurora let out a small laugh, a smile replacing the grin. "That's cute."

Remus looked as if he was going to tell her something, but bit down on the inside of his cheek instead, as if he was afraid he'd blurt the words out without meaning to. "What?"  She asked curiously, her brows furrowing slightly in concern.

"You can borrow one if you like." He told her, and Aurora felt like her heart was definitely going to beat out of her chest.

"I might take you up on that."

AN:
sorry for the long wait, i know i said i'd get a chapter out on tuesday???? but then i remembered that i had loads of coursework due in for today (which has been now handed in!!!) and then I had no idea what to write, so this is mainly a filler chapter--I'm going to try and do a double update next time, no promises though.

i also got all of my scores from my assessments, so if you want to know them here they are:
computer science paper 1: 65%
computer science paper 2: 92%
latin: 29/30
english language: 25/40
english literature: 25/34
maths: 80%
combined science: 59%
history: 24/44