chapter 3

Dhruv's POV

I was moving towards her but I stopped in track as I witnessed the scene in front of me. She placed her hand on top of his hand. What the hell is she doing?

In a swift moment, she was behind him twisting his arm. It was clear looking at his face that he was in great pain. He is getting what he deserves. The crowd around them was looking at them with amusement and shock. 

"How dare you to even think that you are allowed to touch someone like that without their permission?" She said in a soft voice but her voice held great authority. This shade of my innocent kitten is so hot. Gosh, Dhruv not right now.

"Leave me. Got dammit." He winced in pain but he was barely audible.

"This is a reminder for you to keep your hands to yourself." She said and smacked her elbow on his back.

 "You will pay heavily for what you did today." He said rubbing the spot where she hit him.

"I am pretty sure that I will be able to afford it." She said and turned to leave. He rushed towards her and raised his hand to hit her. What the hell! How low was this man going to stoop? I started moving toward them to stop his foul act. I was about to reach him but somebody else held his collar and pulled him back.

"How dare you try to raise your hand on our guests and disrespect them?" It was Mr. Bansal's son.

"Do you know who are you talking with?" The old man roared.

"A pervert." She said.

"As if I care." He said at the same time.

They both looked at each other and she faintly smiled at him.

"Just leave before I ask the guards to come and drag you and throw you out. Leave." He said and the last word was a bit more authoritative and stern. The old man tried to open his mouth but one stern look from him made him shut and he rushed out as if his bottom was on fire.

"Are you alright?" He asked her softly with a concern looked. Why is he so worried about her? But why am I so restless with the fact that he is so concerned about her? Everyone was looking at them giving weird looks.

"Thanks." She said and started moving to the other end of the venue. He started following her. What is wrong with him can't he just leave her alone? I started following them. Dhruv you don't need to go behind them. My mind was telling me but I chose to ignore it. She reached a corner at the far end from where the incident happened. They were barely loud not wanting to catch attention. She took a halt and took a glass of water and gulped it down swiftly. He approached her and I was at an audible distance.

"Are you alright?" He said startling her.

"Gosh." She said placing a hand on her chest.

"Didn't mean to scare you but are you alright?" He said with a small smile.

"Why are you so concerned? You saw that I handled it very well."

"Because I can understand that no matter how well you handle that kind of situation it still leaves a great impact. So are you alright?" he said in a soft tone. Whatever he said was true. I hope she is fine. I want to go and comfort her. But why is he standing so close to her? She gave him a soft smile. Don't smile at him and especially not like that. Anybody will readily fall for that smile. 

"I am fine." She said softly.

"Your smile should be banned." He said with a weird expression on his face.

"What?" She looked baffled.

"It's deadly. Somebody with a poor heart will get a heart attack." He said placing his arms on his heart. What the hell? He is flirting with my girl. 'Your girl. When did this happen? Why was I not informed' My brain said mocking me.