Ch. 19 • Apple cider?

8 1/2 months
May

One step at a time May, come one, one step at a time.

I am currently trying to walk down the stairs to the front door, and I am praying to God that I do not fall while doing it.

At 8 months pregnant I have faced some new challenges, one is that I can't do very simple things anymore, like put on shoes, walk down stairs, sit down, or even see my own lady parts.

Ace has been helping me so much, and I am very thankful, but I swear to God himself, if he tells me to hurry up one more goddam time I am going to hire a hitman to kill him!

"Tesoro, are you ready?" He says to me from the kitchen- which at the moment has an overwhelming smell of vanilla because of the cake someone is baking. Normally I would love the smell, but for some reason bean one and bean two have not been giving me much room to like stuff.

"Almost, I'm sorry, I am just really tried" I am starting to cry because now I feel bad that everyone is waiting for me downstairs.

"Aww my love, don't cry" Ace says while holding his hand out for me at the bottom of the stairs, " I would wait for year if it meant I for to see you in the end."

"Mama, let's goooo. I want to see nonna e nonno [grandma and grandpa]." Theo says to me. Yes, he and Roman have started to call Ace's parents grandma and grandpa, I don't really mind it since Ace and I have talked about marriage, so I believe he and his family are here to stay.

"I'm coming my love, give mama a moment, I am getting tired holding your brothers in my belly" I am now done with the stairs but have to walk across entrance to the front door.

Once I am close enough the boys run to the car, their guards not far behind them, all of Ace's men have gotten really close to my kids, and they are bubbling with excitement to meet the blood related children of their boss soon enough.

We all gather up into the car, it's thanksgiving and we are heading over to Ace's parents for dinner.

Once we get there I am hit with another smell,
numerous smells to be honest, turkey, peas, pies, and more. I'm in heaven!

It doesn't take long for everyone to be seated in the living room, we all talk about what is going on in our daily lives since the last time we saw each other. The men start to talk in Italian about work, while I, Stella and a woman named Morgan, talk about the twins. Roman is playing with the house guard dogs, which surprisingly are very calm with him, they let him pet their bodies and give them kisses on their heads.

Theo is standing next to Ace, I put him in some nice pants and a white button down shirt with a little bowtie for dinner. The only difference between him and some of the other gentleman are that he does not have a blazer on, talk about formalities.

I can tell he is trying to understand and be a part of the conversation since I see his little head and mimicking some of Ace's movements.

Ace looks down at him from time to time during the conversation and smiles. As time goes on one of the maids comes out and informs us that dinner is ready.

Joining us this evening are, Stella- Ace's mom, Andrea- Ace's father, Vincent, Silas, Mateo, Morgan-Mateos girlfriend, and then Ace, Theo, Roman, and I.

The maids have laid out the food in front of us. It's even better then what I smelt coming in, there all different kinds of pies, soups, and meats.

Right before we said I grace I thought of something. I never thought that Italian celebrated Thanksgiving, we never truly celebrated it when I used to live here.

"Ace" I whisper, " we never celebrated Thanksgiving before in Italy, why are we doing it?" I guess I just forgot that I was in a different country, I was so used to my American traditions that I forgot their other mindsets around.

"Well, Morgan is Irish, but was raised in America like you, and Theo and Roman were raised with American customs even though they live in Scotland. So my mom thought it would be a good bonding thing if we celebrated."

"Oh okay" I turned to Stella and gave her a small smile. We all took each other's hands and said grace.

"Now" said Ace, "let's dig in"

Chatter filled The room while drinks and food were getting passed around, I got to know Morgan a little better, turns out she is half Irish and half American, her mother was American and so her parents decided to stay in Utah while raising her for most of her life. Until she was 17, and that's when they moved back to Ireland.

Theo and Roman were taking it up with Silas and Vincent, and apparently they planned a whole day together for the next time Theo goes to work with Ace.

"Mama" I hear Theo say to me, "this doesn't taste like apple cider" I turn to him and see that he has Ace's glass of brandy in front of him.

"No Theo, do not drink that, or papas drink, not yours." I say quickly. Ace turns his body to face us and quickly takes away the drink and puts it on the other side of him. "Here little man" he says "drink some water so the taste gets out of your mouth"

"How do you drink that stuff papa? It's yucky"

Ace let's out a small chuckle "someday you will like it, but for now your tastebuds don't, and that's alright."

The night was a success, everyone was enjoying themselves and dessert was heaven.

I was about to get up when I felt something going down my legs, I froze. "Ace" I say in almost a whisper "Ace" I say again.

" Give me a moment baby, I'm talking to Vincent"

" I can see that Ace, I'm not blind. But I think my water just broke."

All of a sudden everyone at the table froze.

"But your not sue for another 2 weeks" Stella says

" Twins typically come earlier, it totally normal, right May?" Morgan says

"Yes, but Ace, we need to go to the hospital. Now."

"Yes, yah" he said frantically. He got up and helped me out of my seat and picked me up bridal style out of the dining room. "Mama, can Theo and Roman stay with you two tonight?" Ace asks Stella, she replied with a yes and we were off.

Speeding down the road to the hospital, Ace saying endearments the entire time. We are gonna have a baby!

————————————————————————
15 minutes later we were in a hospital room, the doctors getting me prep for an emergency c-section. After a while everything was prepared and the surgery began.

Ace held my hand the entire time, but was unable to look over the small curtain at the bottom half of my body that was currently opened up. I was awake the entire time, numbing cream was put onto half my body in order to perform the c-section.

After 1/2 an hour cries were heard. Ace and I looked at each other before looking at the doctors with a smile.

"Boss, Ma'am, I am happy to present to you, two healthy baby boys." And with that the two beans' umbilical cords were cut by Ace and then the two were placed into my chest while Ace and I marveled over them.

"Welcome to the world little men, papa and mama love you" I say while kissing their slimy heads

"And we will always love an protect you. Welcome Nicholas and Oliver Rossi" Ace tells them.