Chapter 20 - Stay

🎶 Bolna

Published on 06.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Vihaan was sipping his black coffee and reading his newspaper when Aarohi made her way to the balcony whilst brushing her teeth.

Oh, How much he missed this sight!

'It has just been a day.' His subconscious reminded him. Nevermind.

Vihaan had gotten used to watch her in the balcony whenever he used to go for workout to the gym in the morning. Yesterday, he missed her presence and not seeing a glimpse of her before going to his workplace did feel incomplete. Aarohi loved to spend some time in the morning in the balcony taking in the fresh cool air.

Aarohi frowned when she turned around and spotted Vihaan.

"Whaaryoig?" Her words came out muffled since she had the toothbrush inside her mouth.

"Wash your mouth and then speak." Vihaan told her and she scrambled to her room to clean her mouth and face.

Vihaan didn't like how Aarohi used to stand in the balcony and brush her teeth without feeling conscious. He couldn't say that to her since they were on no talking terms. But when he didn't see her yesterday, his eyes searched her. He looked into the direction of her room frequently in the hope that she would come out of it and calm his restless heart with her presence. But now, seeing her do her usual thing that irritated him earlier, brought with it a soothing feeling, one which feels like home.

"What are you doing?" Aarohi asked sitting on the bean bag near the glass window and pulling her legs up, letting the wind play with her tresses and facing Vihaan.

Vihaan kept the cup on the table and turned towards her. "Flying a jet." He grinned.

"That's lame." Aarohi scoffed but couldn't help herself from laughing. "You're seriously obsessed with jet."

"And you need to be more clear and precise with your questions." He answered back. "Besides, you can see what I'm doing." He shrugged.

"Are you planning to go your company wearing a t-shirt and basketball shorts, Mr CEO?" She asked, squinting her eyes playfully.

Vihaan looked at himself. "What's wrong with this, Mrs Doctor?" He played along.

Aarohi shook her head. "Sexy," she drawled teasingly, scanning her eyes over his frame. She didn't know when and how did she got so bold and free with him but it didn't feel awkward at all. She blamed this attitude over the fact that she woke up just sometime back and was probably still not completely awake.

Vihaan gaped at his wife in astonishment. Not wanting to lose the momentum, he got up from the couch and strode towards her with an intimidating look. He rested his hands on the sides of the bean bag and leaned forward trapping her in between. Aarohi gulped at the proximity. He moved his face close to hers, too close for her liking. She could see and differentiate between his iris which were a dark shade of brown and black pupil due to the bright sunlight coming from outside. She looked at him nervously. His eyes moved towards her lips for a split second making her breath hitched. Then, he brought the back of his palm and touched her forehead and she blinked.

"There's no fever." He said normally after moving back while she struggled to come out of the moment.

"Huh?"

"I'm not going to VedHaan today."

"What?" She asked, still bemused about what the hell was he speaking.