looking for Niki

After a couple rounds of truth or dare the people downstairs started getting louder, you'd think since it's been a while, more people would start leaving and it would get quieter, but it was quite the opposite.

"I didn't expect there to be so many people here" Karl sighs.

"Me either, I thought it would just be us here" Quackity pouts.

"It's practically just us, I mean we all are just cooped up in this room" Dream speaks up.

"I guess you're right" George sighs.

The music got way louder than before, if that was even possible, even though the music was playing from downstairs, it felt like the music was playing from that very room.

"Where is Niki?" Sapnap notices they haven't seen Niki since they've came to the party.

"Probably downstairs somewhere" Dream scoffs.

"Yeah no duh, where else would she be? At my house?" Quackity says sarcastically.

Karl, Sapnap, and Wilbur decided to go look for Niki while the others continued playing truth or dare. Karl didn't want to get lost again so he kept a firm grip onto his boyfriend's arm. As they approached the stairs they looked over the crowd of people, there was barely any space between everyone.

Wilbur spotted a girl with pink hair, that must be Niki. Wilbur made his way downstairs and into the crowd, soon enough both Sapnap and Karl lost Wilbur.

"Hopefully he found her" Karl whispers in the ravenette's ear.

Sapnap nodded his head and tugged on Karl's arm signaling that they should go find Niki themselves.

Karl didn't like the idea of going into this big crowd, but he wanted to find Niki. They both entered the crowd and almost immediately got pulled away from each other. Karl tried staying calm and he just kept walking through the crowd.

Soon 10 minutes past by, he found no one, not even Wilbur.
15 minutes past by, he has only seen strangers.
20 minutes.
25 minutes.
30 minutes.

It's almost been an hour and Karl started to freak out. The last time he saw someone he recognized was half an hour ago. The music was blasting, if anyone he knew even called his name he wouldn't be able to hear them.

Wait, he could've found Niki so much easier by just texting her, he goes to grab his phone out of his pocket, but.. it wasn't there? Where could it have gone, it was in his pocket this whole time. Oh, he left it in the room he was in with his friends, now he's really screwed. It doesn't help that he is already lost, and doesn't know his way back to the stairs.

Niki's house is huge, it felt like he was going in circles for the past 30 minutes. He decides to give up, and turn around to head back to the stairs, wherever those might be. As he went to turn around he got a glimpse of someone with pink air. Niki? He quickly turned back around, but they were gone.

"Hey, are you lost?" Some put their hand on Karl's shoulder.

He doesn't recognize their voice at all. When he turns around he noticed that he doesn't recognize them at all. He shook his head to signal no, and started to walk away. He starts to get paranoid, and keeps looking behind him. Seeing the same person following him. He started to get uncomfortable. He doesn't have his phone with him so he can't text anyone, and he's lost. He starts to pick up his pace, looking down at the floor, the person behind him also picking up their pace.

What does this person want from him? Whatever it is, it probably isn't good. As he was passing by these people they only looked like a blur of colors. It meant nothing to him until he saw a familiar bunch of colors, it sounds weird, but it did look familiar to him. He turned the way he was walking and walked towards the person he saw.

It was someone he knew.
It was Wilbur!

"Wilbur there you are I-" Karl pauses to breathe, "I was looking for you and I ended up losing Sapnap" he continued breathing heavily.

"Woah, you sound like you just ran a mile, what happened?" Wilbur looks concerned.

"I've been looking for you for the past 30 minutes!"

"Its been an hour Karl.." he replies.

"I know," Karl pauses, "I was looking for you for 30 minutes and then the rest of that time was spent trying to get away from this person who was following me" Karl finally slowed his breathing.

"Wait, someone was following you?" Wilbur pauses, "why didn't you text me?"

"I forgot my phone in the room.." Karl looks down at his hands.

"That's fine, let's just head back, I didn't find Niki, but maybe Sapnap did" he grabs Karl's wrist and pulls him towards the stairs.

This time Karl wasn't broken up with the person he was walking with, thankfully he wouldn't get lost again. After about 5 or 10 minutes they made it back to the room, and of course, Niki and Sapnap were there.

"Where the hell were you guys?!" Sapnap hugged Karl.

"Lost" the shorter brunette sighs.

"For an hour?" Niki giggles.

"Yes, I was walking with Sapnap and then got separated and then someone started following me and-" Karl got cut off.

"Someone followed you?" Sapnap pulls away from the hug.

Karl nods, "yeah, but I'm okay" Karl goes to sit down with Sapnap.

They all continue talking about whatever they were doing before Karl and Wilbur came back. Karl made sure to grab his phone and put it in his pocket this time. He did want to leave, but he didn't want to be a 'party pooper' and leave early.

Karl did end up getting what happened off his mind, and had fun with the others.

___________

Words: 987

Author's Note: Don't worry I didn't let anything bad happen to Karl.. this time. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! :]

remember to drink water, eat something, and get some sleep if you haven't already, especially if it's 3 am for you right now.

I love you all!!