Chapter Fifteen

The next morning, Trevor's lips pressed against Sam's and Sam's eyes fluttered open.

Trevor brushed Sam's hair out of his face. "Good morning."

"Good morning," Sam replied, giving Trevor another soft kiss. Silence filled the space between them, and Sam almost fell asleep again before Trevor sat up. "Hey, Sam?"

Sam sat up as well, rubbing his eyes free of sleep. "hmm?"

Trevor rubbed the back of his neck. "Even though you and I both confessed our feelings yesterday, and we'd kissed...several times already...Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

Sam smiled. "Of course."

Trevor leaned in, and kissed Sam once more, moving his mouth as gentle as he could. Samuel reached a hand up to rest his hand on Trevor's shoulder, his eyes closing as it went up.

A knock sounded at the door, and the two of them didn't disconnect fast enough before the door opened, and Trevor's mother walked in, holding a basket of Trevor's laundry.

She paused in the doorway, waiting until Sam left the bed in a hurry. She eyed Sam with venom in her eyes. "Get dressed. The both of you. And Sam, I want you out of this house within the next few minutes."

"Mom!" Trevor cried.

His mother shot him a glare and he went quiet, hanging his head as she left the room.

Samuel started getting dressed, and packing his bags, and Trevor bolted from the bed. "No, Sam, stay with me."

Sam shook his head. "I can't stay here, I've clearly overstayed my welcome, and she clearly doesn't want me here. Other than school, I don't think I'll ever see you again."

Trevor heard the shaking in his voice, and eyed Sam's mouth to see it quivering whenever it stood still. "Sam...whatever you're thinking, this wasn't my idea. I do love you, and you're very precious to me. Whatever my mother says is her deal, okay?"

"Still...I can't help but..."

Trevor held his face with his hands. "I know it hurts, but you have to stay strong. For me, okay?"

Samuel nodded and Trevor gave him a passionate kiss before Sam disengaged and went downstairs to face Regena.

Trevor followed to see him out, but his mother stopped him in the living room. "You are staying right there, young man. You and I are going to have a talk when I'm done with him."

Trevor stood there, staring at Sam, who was putting his shoes on at the door. Samuel stood to face Regena, his face unreadable as she spoke. "I knew it was suspicious how well you two got along, now I know the real reason why he invited you over for the weekend. You've overstayed your welcome and you are no longer permitted to enter this house, regardless of the reason. I want you to stay away from my son. I don't want you anywhere near him. Now get out."

Sam left the house without another word, and the minute he shut the door, tears poured over the edges of his eyes, and he slumped to the doorstep, his head in his hands.

"Why can't he and I just be left alone?" he whimpered.

Eventually, he stood from the steps, and walked home.

When he entered the house, his mother was sitting on the couch, watching TV. "Sweetheart! What happened?!" she cried, rushing to him.

"She sent me home early..."

"She sent you home early? Why?"

"Because she saw Trevor and I kiss!" Samuel slumped to the ground and sobbed into his mother's shoulder. "She told me to stay away from him. I won't be able to see him again!"