002.

002. 'oh no i hope i don't fall'

CADIE WAS quite frankly petrified. it wasn't as if she actually going to do much. looking at what dr thorn had done to percy after he'd tried to defend them all- cadie really wasn't going to try it. she turned to percy, and she could tell he was thinking of something. cadie didn't know exactly what kind of monster dr thorn was, but he was fast. if cadie had the bravery and guts to defend all of them, she would. self-preservation was something that was a top priority to her, but the scared faces on the di angelo kids was just enough for her to say fuck it and bundle them behind her.

"what are you doing, jackson?" hissed dr thorn, "keep moving!"

"don't snap at him," cadie immediately responded, "you just poisoned him."

"and you will be in the same position as him if you keep defending your boyfriend," hissed dr thorn.

she knew it was the wrong time- but she found herself blushing furiously. dr thorn really was a maniac- why did everybody think she had a crush on percy? she huffed, turning to percy who let out a groan of pain, sounding miserable as he said, "yeah- my shoulder. it... it burns."

"bah! my poison causes pain. it will not kill you. walk!" yelled dr thorn loudly.

thorn herded them outside and cadie glanced nervously at percy who had his eyes shut. she stared back at the di angelo kids, deciding percy was probably trying to help (or maybe wasn't. either way, she wasn't sure), and her worried face softened. bianca di angelo, the oldest, had small tears of fear slipping down her face as they walked, clutching onto nico di angelo tightly. the younger boy was sniffling, eyes wide. though she could tell there wasn't just fear in his eyes- more of a wonder as to what was happening. the kid looked so innocent, and she felt sorry the two had been exposed to the harsh reality of demigods like this.

thorn continued to march them through the woods. they took a snowy and dimly lit path, the only source of any light being old-fashioned lamplights. if they weren't being dragged by a vehement and angry monster, it might've felt like something out of narnia.

it was cold though, desperately cold. and cadie's mind was running and working overtime. she wasn't smart like other people could be- and it clearly showed as she tried to think up with a plan. she couldn't, that was what she meant. she clearly couldn't. she had her eyes darting around in panic, she had he palms sweating as she held her sword weakly. she clicked it back into car key form moments later and stuffed it back in her pocket. if dr thorn was just going to whack it out of her hand- there was no point of trying to fight.

besides, percy was thinking of a plan- she was sure they'd be fine.

sort of.

maybe.

she was still panicking.

the wind blowed through her clothes, and she felt the urge to take her coat off and hand it to percy- who looked to be shivering in his ripped clothes. she didn't wish the sort of blinding cold they were feeling on anybody. even lilly's bitch of a mother.

"there is a clearing up ahead," thorn said after a moment, "we will summon your ride."

"what ride?" bianca demanded, "where are you taking us?"

"silence, you insufferable girl!"

"don't talk to my sister that way!" nico bit back, his voice quavering a bit, but cadie thought he was pretty brave. regardless of the fact she hardly ever got a sore throat, she was pretty speechless now (out of fear, that is).