15. Gone Mate

Addal Pov

"Hey, Daddy!"

My demon says to our father, finally off my damn phone. Seriously, where has she been in the past chapters?

"Pumpkin!" He says grabbing her into a hug.

We all groan at their reactions, knowing that those two idiots will be talking forever. I cut to the chase.

"what the hell did you do to my mom?"

"Pardon?" He says with a smile but his dark eyes feel cold.

"Cut the crap, I know you are working with the hunters."

"Oh yes, the nice bunch with the little humans and wolves willing to free the Antichrists and stuff." He nods his head in satisfaction while my demon claps happily about the Antichrist.

"Wolves?" Sol asks.

"The Antichrist," Leviathan repeats with a face full of stress.

"And what type of stuff were they talking about."

"You know- alliances, Raider Pack, demons, war- the usual." He replies with a bored look.

"That's not enough details dad." I complain.

"Why should I even help an ungrateful brat like you. You didn't even show up for my birthday last year."

"You don't even celebrate your birthday! No one knows your actual age, not even you!" I argue, exasperated with his act.

He pauses and thinks to himself. "You're right, but you can at least visit your dad every once in a while. It's lonely down here."

That is a load of crap. He has a naked succubus sleeping in his bed right now!

"Stop playing around, Mom is missing because of you!" I scream, feeling the blood rush to my head.

Dad sits straight when he hears my words. "Jolene is a big girl who can take care of herself, but it would be inconvenient if she is out of my grasp. You need to be careful, the other demons have been in low profile these days, but once they learn about you and your mom, they may come after the both of you."

"That's why I need to find her fast and give her to Raphael," I reply.

"Raphael, you really trust that boy." Dad gives me a humorless smile. An eerie aura spills from his body and rolls off. The room's temperature raise as my emotion becomes unstable in seconds.

Screw this possessive bastard, but-

"Help me," I grit out.

He looks at me for a second before withdrawing his aura. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a vial. "You'll have to talk to the assholes upstairs if you want to find your mother." He throws me the bottle through the bar.

I open it and before I can drink it without thinking-

"You sure you can handle this again," Leviathan asks.

"Again?" Sol looks at him with a judgmental stare. "Please, enlighten me on the "again" part.

I wince at my first experience before saying, "I'll show you."

Then, I down the poison in one go.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel empty.

A piece of me feel lost, like something is missing. My wolf cannot communicate with me, but it doesn't mean I can't feel her agony.

Where did my mate go?

"Eva," Raven whispers softly In my ear. Her voice hoarse from screaming at a corpse a moment ago. Her arms wrap around me from behind. Her face buries into the crook of my neck, breathing in my scent as her body trembles. Raven arms tightens around me, trying to calm herself down.

She feels it too. My heart beats a little faster than normal, but not for a good reason.

"Addal is she..." I begin to say but do not dare to finish it.

"She cannot be." Raven replies in a mumble.

"But mate bond does not vanish into thin air, Raven." I step away from her and look around the wood area that we found from Addal's lingering scent.

"Humans are fragile creatures, but they persist like roaches." Raven replies from afar.

I glare at her, "Are you calling our mate a roach."

Raven does not say anything at first then clears her throat. "You know that is not what I mean," she says.

"What do you mean," I snap at her. Slightly regretting my tone of voice when her face showed a flash of pain for a second. "A mate bond can only disappear from a mutual rejection ceremony or one of us is dead, so why can't I feel our bond anymore."