(42) Crush

Everyone was aware of (yn)'s crush on King Ahkmenrah. After all, it was blatantly obvious. She got flustered around him, stumbled over her words when she talked to him, and always turns beet-red when he complimented the young colonial girl. Every exhibit knew about this crush...everyone except Ahkmenrah, it seemed.

Ahk was horribly oblivious. He never meant to be, but he still was. Normally, (yn) said she would just tell him how she felt, but she didn't want to tell him until she had some clue that he returned her feelings.

One night, the other exhibits got absolutely sick of the situation. They all decided to have a private meeting in the loading dock one night, so they could finally put an end to all of the craziness between (yn) and Ahk.

"Okay, this has gone to far." Sacajawea says, shutting the door.

"I hate seeing them like this. It's only going to get worse if we don't intervene." Octavius states.

"So what do you propose we do about it?" Teddy asks.

"Wǒmen yīnggāi bǎ tā suǒ zài yīgè fángjiān lǐ, zhídào tā biàn dé lìng rén wúfǎ rěnshòu yǐ zhìyú (yn) chéngrèn tā duì tā de gǎnjué." Attila suggests, waving his arms around.

The other exhibits all exchange glances, not having the slightest clue of what the Hun was saying. Only Ahk could understand him.

"Uhh...any other suggestions?" Sacajawea asks.

Jedidiah raises his hand. "I have an idea~" he smirks.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"So Ahkmenrah, your a young, handsome man." Teddy says, walking alongside Ahkmenrah through the museum. "I'm surprised you don't have a significant other."

The pharaoh's eyes widen "Oh, uh..." Ahk stutters.

"Has anyone caught your eye?" Teddy continues, not minding Ahkmenrah.

"Well...you see..."

"There are many young woman who would love to go out with you, lad." Teddy presses on.

"There are?" Ahk asks, clearly surprised.

"Yeah! Like, (yn)! Oh she has the biggest crush on you-" Jedidiah smacks Octavius on the back of the head. "Ow!"

"We were supposed to stay quiet, dummy!" He scolds.

Teddy sighs, as Ahk's eyes widen in shock. He looks over at Teddy's front pocket, where both Jedidiah and Octavius were eves dropping on the whole conversation.

"(Yn)...has a crush on me?" Ahk asks in disbelief.

"Well there's no point in trying to cover it up now. Yes she does." Teddy says.

"Where is she?"

:-:-:-:-:-:

Ahkmenrah runs down the stairs into the main foyer, his necklaces and jewels making a jingling noise as he moves.

"(Yn)." He says approaching the (hc) haired girl.

"Ahk? Can I-I help you?" She stutters.

"Do you have a crush on me?" He asks, staring right into the girls eyes.

"I-I well..." she chuckles nervously. "I do." (Yn) chokes out.

Ahkmenrah looks down at (yn) with sad eyes. "I'm so sorry, (yn), but I don't share those feelings." He sincerely says.

"O-Oh...I u-understand." (Yn) chokes out, a few tears beginning to well up in her eyes. "I-I have to go."

And with that, she runs off, waterfalls of tears flowing from her eyes. Ahk feels a pang of guilt in his chest.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"(Yn)?" Sacajawea calls into the broom closet. "Are you in here?"

"Y-Yeah..." (Yn) sniffles.

Sacajawea sits down on the cold concrete floor next to (yn). "I'm so sorry (yn)." She says, placing her hand on (yn)'s shoulder.

"It's not your fault." (Yn) wipes tears from her eye. "I'd just like to be along right now."

"Of course. Do whatever you feel is best." Sacajawea says, standing up. She walks to the door and opens it, and turns back to face (yn). "If you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks, Sacajawea."

:-:-:-:-:-:

(Yn)'s POV

As soon as the door to the closet closes, I let out a sigh of relief. I wait in the closet for a few moments as planned, until I hear another knocking on the door.

"You can come in Ahk." I say.

The pharaoh peeks his head into the closet, and then walks in. He closes the door behind him and locks it.

"Did they buy it?" I ask, standing up.

"Yup. They're convinced that all this was real. The only issue now is that nobody's really too happy with me." Ahk chuckles slightly.

"Don't worry, love. They'll calm down with time." I take Ahk's hands and hold them in my own. "Besides, you still have me."

Ahkmenrah lifts my hands up and kisses them. I blush and bite my lip. "You're all I need anyways." He smiles.

"You're so sweet. Thankyou for putting up with all of these elaborate plans. We just need to cover up the fact that we're dating so my mom doesn't find out."

"Are you ever going to tell her?"

"I will someday. It's just a bit to soon." I nervously smile. "I hope you can be patient with me."

"Always." The pharaoh reassures. "(Yn), I love you. I'll do whatever is in my power to help you and make this relationship work."

"Thanks, Ahk." I lean up and peck him on the lips. "I love you, too."

That night, I felt reassured. I knew that Ahk and I could take whatever the world could possible throw at us. Even if nobody in the world knew about us, it didn't matter. We had each other through it all.