75

Liam's POV

The next day passed pretty quickly. Jax seemed to be doing better mentally since his breakdown and he has eaten breakfast and lunch without having to be forced to so I'd consider the day a win, except I knew he was faking all of it.

He was almost too okay all of a sudden.

He hadn't glared at anyone, he wasn't easily pissed off, he joked around way more than usual; it just wasn't him and I didn't like it.

I wanted to comment on it but I knew that would only make it worse. If I said anything now he would only fake harder or he would start pushing us away again.

I could tell Callum and Ryder could sense it too but it was like we all had a mutual agreement to not talk or bring any of it up and just let us have a few good days with happy Jax before something else happened.

Jax and I were now cuddling on my bed while he waited for Ryder to come back from his session. He had barely let any of us go since it all started happening. He and Ryder slept together nearly every night; he even kissed me for the first time since we started dating.

I can't help but frown as I play with his hair.

This was all going to end eventually and he would go back to just tolerating us or at the very least, act differently depending on whom he was with; I didn't like either of those options though.

When Ryder walked in the door, Jax's new happy mask fell for a split second before smiling at our shared boyfriend.

"Come lay down with us," he said as he scooted to make room for Ryder but Ryder only shook his head.

"Andrew is waiting on you. If you don't show up he will drag you there by your perfect hair." Jax only rolled his eyes.

"He doesn't have the balls."

"He's done it to me before," I admit, making Jax's eyes go wide for a second before his first scowl all week appeared on his face as he forced himself off the bed.

Ryder smiled to himself as he sat down in the same spot Jax just got up from.

"Keep my spot warm, I want it back when I'm done," he said with a playful glare before walking out the door.

Jax's POV

The new mask I had invented was left at the door when I walked into Andrew's office. My usual glare and scowl took the place of my new smile that made my cheeks hurt from time to time.

Andrew sat at his desk like normal; my folder was already opened on his desk while Andrew scribbled something down before looking up at me with a kind smile like always.

"Welcome back Jax. How are we feeling today?" He asked a bit too cheerily, making me refrain from rolling my eyes.

"Fine I guess," I say as I sat down.

"Anything specific you want to talk about today?"

"Not really."

Andrew frowned at my answer but I couldn't find it in me to actually care.

"Have been experiencing any anxiety lately?"

"Not more than normal."

"Have you felt like slipping these past few days," he asked skeptically as he glanced up at me for a split second.

"Not more than normal," I say again, my skepticalness matching his.

"Well that's good," he says simply as he dropped his pen and looked back up to me.

He went quiet for a while, as he looked me up and down for a second. He eyes made me a bit weary but not uncomfortable like Abbott's stare did.

He stared at me almost as if he was looking for something until he spoke, his words made my heart stop.

"You seem thinner than normal, are you feeling okay?" His voice was light hearted but his words made a pit form in my stomach and anger well up in my chest but I try to push both of them down before Andrew can catch onto them.

"I'm feeling fine," I lie flawlessly, as I maintain eye contact with him.

"Are you sure?" He asked again, as if he knew better all along. "I've noticed it the past few weeks already but it seems to be worse lately."

They must have told him. That's the only explanation. I had eaten ever meal this week and almost everything on my trey at that. Hell, I had probably gained weight this week and he's still saying I'm thin.

I try to push the thought back as I focus on the task at hand, hoping there was still some way to keep Andrew out of this.

I try to stop myself but my hands instinctively begin to play with each other.

"I don't know what to tell you," I say with a shrug. "I feel fine."

Andrew only hums as he does one more once over before changing the subject yet again but I don't really listen to him anymore. My mind is back on my roommates and how one of them betrayed me.

My session ended faster than I thought it would and soon enough I'm out of Andrew's small office and heading back to the cabin but my new happy mask is no where to be seen.

I all but seethe as I stomp back to the cabin as I think back on everyone's behavior these past few days to see if anyone was acting differently. Sadly, it seemed that I was the only one that has changed this week; everyone else seemed to be going on like normal.

Nevertheless, the second I'm back at the cabin I slam the door open before stomping inside.

It only takes a second for everyone to become alert but it takes a few more before they calm down again when they notice that it was only me, but I was still seething too much to care.

"Who fucking told him," was all I said as I glanced around at all of them, seeing who tensed and who began to shake.

"Told who?" Callum said calmly as he stood up from the bed and slowly walked forward. He looked like he was about to hug me but one glare in his direction made it clear that I wasn't in the mood.

"Who told Andrew about my habits?"

Last updated April 22, 2021