Chapter 60

"So that is why I'm hiding in my room, probably looking like a train ran over me." I sigh, hoping I don't look too terrible.

"If a train ran over you Aria, you would look much worse." Elijah teases.

I roll my eyes, "Thanks Elijah, that makes me feel so much better."

"When you were filling me in on what's happened, you forgot to mention how close you have gotten to my brother." Elijah states, changing the subject to someone who I don't want to talk about.

"Whatever we had, it's gone now Elijah. He sent me that picture because he wanted to hurt me. And he got his wish, I'm a complete mess now." I say, not even wanting to look at myself in a mirror.

"Ah yes, he sent you a picture of Damon and Elena kissing..." Elijah nods.

"Thanks, I love hearing that." I deadpan, giving him a glare.

Elijah smiles slightly, "He sent you that picture because he was jealous."

My mouth drops open, "Did I just hear you correctly?"

"You being with Damon Salvatore angered my brother." Elijah explains.

"I wasn't even with Damon anymore Elijah." I argue.

"Did you not just to tell me that you and Damon had finally gotten good again the night before?" Elijah questions. Ugh, Elijah has been acting like my freaking therapist these past few hours.

I shake my head, "Yes but how would Klaus know that? It's not like I called him and said, 'oh hey Klaus, just letting you know, Damon and I had sex.'"

"I think I should respond to that sentence by saying...TMI." Elijah smirks.

I laugh, "You're amazing Elijah, I love you."

Elijah checks his watch, suddenly getting off the bed. "I have to go."

"Go where? You've been alive for a day and you already have plans." I tease.

"Yes, Damon left a note for me. I would ask you to join me, but I don't think you wish to see your old lover." Elijah says.

Just hearing Damon's name hurts me right now.

"You're totally right, I don't want to see Damon right now. So I guess I'll see you around?" I smile, but I'm pretty sure it looks forced. It hurts so much to say his name.

Elijah gives me a small kiss on the forehead, like a big brother or a dad would. "I'll see you around Aria." he speeds out of the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I get up from the bed, walking into the bathroom. I look at my reflection in the mirror, not knowing who stares back at me. My hairs a mess, my eyes are red, my clothes are wrinkled...I look like a broken girl. Which I think I am...

"No, no I'm not." I say, surprising myself. Jesus, I'm insane. I'm talking to myself and surprising myself by what I say. Good Lord...But my insane self is right.

I'm not broken.

I'm just getting stronger.

=====================

"You look better than I thought you would..." Stefan frowns, as we walk through the tunnels, Bonnie and her mom trailing far behind us. We're taking them to the locked coffin. We're hoping they can open it.

I shrug, "Just because I look fine on the outside, doesn't mean I am Stefan."

"Good point." he nods, giving me a small smirk.

"Slow down!" Abby commands, her and Bonnie having a hard time catching up.

"Keep up, we don't have much time." Stefan sighs.