19

You lie on the blanket atop the hill facing each other, your elbows propped up on the ground holding your heads as you eat vegetables and dip.
"I don't remember if I mentioned this when you came to the diner on your date with that dipshit, but you're so beautiful without your work clothes." Jungkook says.
"Do you mean.. with them off? Or that I look beautiful in clothes that aren't my uniform." you ask with a chuckle.
"I mean probably both but I only have evidence for the second option at the moment." Jungkook teases with a smirk, you laugh.

"Sorry if I look worse than usual, I know you're used to seeing me in a suit." He says. You furrow your brows, observing the man in a t-shirt and sweatpants. "Shut up, I think you look better in this." you say. Jungkook's eyebrows immediately raise, "Really?"
You nod, "You look so comfy, it's sexy."
Jungkook subtly bites his lip as he takes another carrot from the container, "I'll keep that in mind."

You sigh, "We'll still have to keep this a secret, though.. right?" you ask. Jungkook nods. "It sucks but I think we can pull it off."
"We've already driven Namjoon insane these past few weeks." You say, Jungkook laughs. "I think he was overwhelmed since we had just started running the diner and were settling into a new routine. You saw how Namjoon was when you first met him, he's a calm guy. I'm sure he'll become much less tense now that the whole group believes we're completely in the friendzone." Jungkook says.

Namjoon walks up to the sink with his clipboard as Yoongi scrubs the dishes. He looks down at it, tapping his pen on two designated slots.
"You don't think it's weird that y/n and Jungkook have time off at the same time while the rest of us are busy here.. right?" Namjoon says.
"Well when do they start shift again?" Yoongi asks.
"Jungkook starts again at 2:30 PM and y/n at 6 PM." Namjoon says.
Yoongi pauses to think before shaking his head, "Nope. Their time is too far apart, it's probably just a coincidence. Both of them have been working the most shifts lately and we've cleared up that they're just friends." Yoongi says.
"Yeah, man. Don't worry. Focus on what you do best, managing everyone in the diner; not two adults that happen to get along." Hoseok says as he passes another dirty dish into the sink for Yoongi. Namjoon takes another deep breath before nodding, "You guys are probably right."

"So you purposely started our shifts far apart so it doesn't look suspicious?"
"Yep. I'm 2:30, you're 6." Jungkook says, you pout at the wholesomeness of his gesture. "You gave me an extra three and a half hours of break?" you ask, he nods. "I mean, isn't eating all of this food exhausting?" Jungkook turns to lie on his back, staring at the sky as he rubs his stomach.
"I'm stuffed. Finish my sandwich for me?" Jungkook points to his half-eaten homemade snack.
You wave a hand, dismissively. "I'm already so bloated, I look pregnant." you say. Jungkook sits up, "So? Bloating is human. You're hot. Eat the damn sandwich." he says, picking it up and waving it in front of you. You giggle.
"Y/N I wouldn't be harassing you to eat the sandwich If I knew you didn't want it." Jungkook says.

He's right. You really want the sandwich.

A sheepish smile grows on your lips. You drop your head in defeat, grabbing the sandwich. "Fine, but only because you called me hot."

Suddenly, Jungkook's phone starts to beep, startling you. He curses under his breath, "That's the alarm for me to go back to work." Jungkook says.
You frown, "Albreahpby?"
"Your mouth is full I have no fucking idea what you just said."
You quickly chew your food and swallow it, continuing to frown. "Already?"
Jungkook sighs, "Yeah.. let's pack up and I'll drive you home?" he suggests, you nod.

"Bye, Jungkook. Thanks." you gently smile at him from the passenger seat. You turn to leave, "See you at work!" you say, sarcastically enthusiastic. He laughs. Pushing the car door open, you go to leave just as Jungkook pulls you back by your arm again.
You turn to face him and before you can ask 'why' he pulls you in for another kiss, one much shorter than last time.
"Bye, y/n." He smiles. You smile back.

Watching as he drives off, you open your front door to reveal your dad standing with crossed arms.
"That was one steamy kiss."
"Dad!" you whine, chuckling in embarrassment. "You can't be watching me! Either way, that was just a peck." You say, walking past him.

"I assume things went well?" your dad asks.

You turn back around to face him. "So well. He brought me to a hill and brought a blanket and homemade meals for us.. god, it was perfect." you ramble, "And look! He even let me keep the leftovers from all the food he made. I don't even have to go back to work until 6 PM! He extended my break!" you say, lifting the bag in your hands. You squeal in excitement.

"And what about his so-called 'playboy' ways?" your dad cocks an eyebrow.
"It was all just things his friends made up to scare me so we wouldn't date. Jungkook was truly broken when he thought we couldn't date each other, dad... the proof was there all along but I didn't put the pieces together. Trust me. He was a mess." you say.
Your dad hums, impressed. "I can't wait to meet him soon, I assume."
Your eyes widen. "We only just started things.."
"I don't care." Your dad smiles.
You sigh, "I'll talk to Jungkook about it."