24.

::

Mina walked through the halls set to be destroyed and reconstructed. It was empty, the rooms that once were filled with books, cupboards, bustle and laughter. It had all but turned into silence and debris. It almost gave a haunted feeling, really, with the broken walls and covered windows as Mina walked using Min Seuk's phone as a flashlight.

"Are you afraid?" Min-Seuk asked, watching Mina walk cautiously. He found the situation hilarious, enjoying every moment that he was spending with her, with Mina having no option but to rely on him. It was exhilarating for him, in his own sort of way.

Mina shuddered at the humour in his voice. Surely, it was like a picnic for the man but Mina answered, "Its not the ghosts that scare me as much as getting cut by the glass on the ground." It was a wrong day to wear heels. "How long has it been, anyway, an hour? The reporters should've left by now. Is all of this even necessary?"

"Reporters know their job takes time, Mina-yah. They'll stakeout in front of your office and home for days just to get a word from you." Stopping in his place, he mentioned, "Why don't you stay at my place tonight?"

Mina could see his eyes sparkling in the dark at that suggestion. Sighing, she walked past. "No, thank you."

"Where will you go then?" Mina heard him ask as she turned the corner and reached the door to the main stairs, locked inevitably. "None of your business. Now, hand me the key."

Min Seuk handed her the key reluctantly, watching Mina open the door, pull up her hood and ready herself to walk away. But Min Seuk could not let her go like that. It was his last chance to get her, this golden opportunity when she was still vulnerable enough to rely on him.

"Mina-yah," Min Seuk called out her, watching her turn, her soft hair falling over her shoulders. Bending low, Min Seuk hugged her, "Can't you just stay?" He whispered into her shoulder, "I'll take good care of you, better than anyone else. You'll never have to worry about trivial problems or being in bad light with the public. It will be just you and me, and everything you ever want."

Mina sighed. He seemed desperate, clinging onto the last little hope he had and Mina wondered if she'd been too harsh on him earlier on. Pushing him off, she looked at him, sharply, "First, don't ever touch me without consent. And second," Mina's eyes softened, "I'm sorry. I made my choice and it's not you, Min Seuk-ssi."

Pulling up the hood of her jacket, Mina hurried and walked away

::

Hoshi picked up the one call he could not ignore, "Yes, mom?" Looking around, parking on the side of the road for a minute, Hoshi focused on the call. His mother was worried about the rumours and the comments that were rolling out on the internet. Just as there were many supportive comments, there were hateful ones too.

"I'm fine, mom

"I'm fine, mom. Don't listen to what the neighbours tell you." Hoshi answered, softly, knowing very well that the neighbours would be the first to crowd around them, "Just in case, call noona home."

"But are you actually dating her?"

Hoshi hesitated before answering the question. His mom was just like him, unable to keep secrets for long. If he told her once, he was sure his father would know and so would those coaxing silly neighbours. Breaking all his rules in a day, Hoshi lied, "No, mom. I'm not."

::

Mina waited by the VIP parking exit but she could only spot empty cars. Her phone had backed out, switched off with no battery and no way to connect to anyone. There was no sign of Hoshi anywhere around and Mina, sighed, making her way out of there before the reporters could find her. Walking along to the main road, Mina, careful about the public, hailed a cab, hurrying to the one place she needed to be. At least she had her wallet on her.

Stepping out, Mina was careful to avoid eyes as she strode into a building she'd only been to once. Walking over to the receptionist, Mina bent forward, whispering, "I'm Yoon Mina and I need to meet the Daepyo-nim immediately."

"The CEO, ma'am?" The receptionist's eyes grew wide as she realised who she was talking to, having seen Mina on the news only a few minutes back. "Do you have an appointment?"

Mina almost laughed at that. Straightening up, she spoke resolutely, "Have you not seen the news? I need to talk to him before they make any sort of statement about my relationship. Now, clear me in, will you?"

"B-but I can't let you go without an appointment," Mina's gaze zeroed in on the little receptionist, who fumbled, intimidated.

"Now, look here, you." Mina was done with drama. It was past working hours already. The sun had dipped and she was exhausted with the long day she had already had. The last thing she needed was butting heads with some random employee. Leaning closer, Mina set her foot down, her voice dangerously close to anger. "If you don't clear my access in 10 seconds, your CEO will learn of this and you'll get in trouble. I'm getting in one way or another, with the access or without you, so, what's it going to be?"

The young girl was frightened as Mina heartlessly started, "10, 9, 8..." She picked up the phone on her right, fumbling to hold it, "6, 5..." Dialling as hurriedly as she could under the pressure and patching her through, offering the phone to Mina.

"Uncle! Its me, Mina."

::

Soonyoung
Mina, please talk to me.  4:10 pm
I can fix this. Can you not just take my calls?  4:15 pm

Soonyoung
Where are you? I'm worried  5:03 pm

Soonyoung
Don't ignore me, please  5:12 pm
Mina-yah, call me once so I know you're okay  5:13 pm

::