fourteen

14. Dangerous Liaisons

"You didn't have to come to the hospital with me Kol" Aria said.

"Of course I did" Kol said, "What kind of person would I be if I left you alone in such a situation?".

Aria gave Kol a small smile, "I really do appericate you staying, I know being in the hospital is the last thing you need after being daggered for a century".

Kol smiled at Aria and grabbed her hand in his, "It's not the ideal place, but I made a exception for you".

"Ria".

Kol and Aria looked towards the voice, to see Damon standing infront of them, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Damon" Aria said, removing her hand from Kol's grasp and running over to her boyfriend, Kol immediately missing her warmth, "Where were you Damon? Someone attacked Ric and I had to kill him so his ring would bring him back, I tried to call you but you didn't answer your phone, luckily Kol came and helped me take Ric to the hospital once he woke up".

"Of course he did" Damon mumbled, which Kol heard causing him to smirk, "I'm sorry Ria, I was busy, how's Ric?".

"His fine, they are making him spend the night here for observation" Aria revealed.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked.

"I just had to kill my adoptive father Damon, do you think I'm okay?" Aria asked, looking down at her shaking hands, "Forget that, did you check up on Caroline? Her Dad died if you didn't know".

Aria was angry at Damon, she knew he was undaggering the Mikaelson's but she had called him more then twenty times, not once had he picked up, instead at one point he even switched his phone off.

Damon sighed, he knew he messed up, his talk with Stefan about Kol kind of put him on edge so he ignored all of Aria's calls, he didn't realise that it was an emergency, and he knows he deserves Aria's anger, he promised to always be there but he wasn't there when she literally had to kill her adoptive father.

"She called me letting me know about Ric and her dad, and she's trying to hold it together but it's hard since in the past her and Dad used to be close" Damon said.

"You answered Caroline's call, but not mine?" Aria asked confused, "Did I do something wrong?".

"What? No" Damon said quickly, "It's just--".

"Just what Damon?" Aria asked.

"Don't worry about it Ria, just tell me, is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" Damon asked.

"Yeah, you can" Aria said, not liking the sudden tension between her and Damon, "I need to check up on Caroline, can you stay with Ric?".

"Of course" Damon replied.

"Okay" Aria whispered, "Kol, want me to drop you home?".

"Yes please" Kol replied.

And with that Kol and Aria left the hospital, leaving Damon behind.