Chapter 40: Pool floaties

C H A P T E R  4 0

P O O L  F L O A T I E S

"I love you but I don't know how to say it?"

Song-Animal; Neon trees

Marlee

Once I change into a black bikini and Cameron's in his swim trunk, we go down to the indoor pool. He swipes the keycard in front of the scanner and the door clicks before opening. We walk in and notice it's empty.

"Look a floaty!" He squeals, running to one of the pool chairs and grabbing the ducky floats before stepping into it.

"Seriously?" I chuckle, walking over to him as he pulls it up.

"Yes seriously, I look like a bad bitch in this." He flexes his muscles in my face. I roll my eyes and shove his arm away.

"You know how to swim though."

"That's not what their purpose is." He scoffs, shaking his head.

"I'm pretty sure it is."

"No a floaty is an accessory." I give him a plain look and he says "seriously, look it up."

"My phones in the roo-" before I can finish my sentence Cameron's arms are wrapped around me and I'm being carried into the pool with him. The cold water shocks my entire body and when I come up for air I lunge on him. "You dick."

"Awe, you're thinking about my dick?" He grins, pushing his wet hair out of his face. The water drips down his face and he looks incredibly attractive while I look like a drown rat. He pulls the floaty off and throws it to the side.

"Fuck you." I kick my legs to hold myself up and shoot daggers at him with my eyes although we both know I'm not really mad.

"Is that a challenge?" His arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me into his chest. "Hold your breath."

I quickly breathe in before he pulls us both underwater. I open my eyes, ignoring the chlorine burning them. Cam leans in and kisses me. My hands run through his hair for a second before we both emerge to catch our breath.

"Can we play mermaids?!" I ask in an excited tone.

"What kind of question is that?" His brows furrow before a smile erupts onto his face "of course!"