52||Shot||

Previously on Dangerous Run

... ... ... ... ...

A gunshot. 

"What's that?" I almost shook on my seat terrorized just by the loud sound of it. Adrain was inside?

"Stay here. I'll back. Anything you do, don't shout, scream or come outside." He notified. I slowly nodded taking in the instructions he just gave. My breathing became frayed as I watched him get outside. I stroked Princess's head trying to stay calm. 

A gunshot. 

Who got shot?

A-Adrian?

No!!

I mustn't think negatively. It's just all in my head and nothing else. I brought out my phone and texted Adrian. He was starting to get me all worked up and this wasn't good for my health or no one's health. 

A ring. 

Followed by another.

Third.

Fourth

Fifth. 

Sixth...

'Sorry, the number you're trying to call is not reachable. Please try again later, thank you.'

Do you think it's safe for me to worry now?

A few minutes passed by and no sign of Adrian or Lin. The building settled quietly for those past minutes making me wonder what was going on inside the building. 

'Anything you do, don't shout, scream or come outside.'

Lin's voice rang in my head. I flung out a sigh of stress and leaned back into the car's seat. My patience was running thin and the more seconds that passed, the more uneasy I became. I wasn't used to waiting this long for someone before.

I looked outside, staring at the big white building. It looked like a tower that could go on and on forever. Abruptly, I saw 2 face blacked men coming out of the building with a gun in their hands. I couldn't see their faces though and they looked like they were trying to run away. 

Were they the ones who shot the gun?

At who?

Focus-

I continue to stare at the-faced males. It looked like they were males just by looking at their statue. I hoped they didn't see me because I was getting a criminal-kinda vibe from them already. I wasn't moving. Just stilled and somewhat deadened. 

It was like a movie to me. They kept on looking left and right, trying to see if someone was watching them. Black boots, clothes and mask. All in black attires. 

Fashionable!

Still staring, I also saw Adrian and Lin come out from the building. My body was bubbly with excitement and joy. They were alive!!

Of course, they had to be. Silly, girl.

I placed my hands on the open button, ready to get outside but then, I saw a gun being held at a head point undeviatingly at Lin and Adrian. 

My body spontaneously froze. 

This can't be!!

I clasped my hands to my mouth at the disastrous sight. Adrian had his hands up in submission and Lin looked somewhat smooth. Way too calm for the situation.