chapter five

September 20th – Slytherin dorms

Nephera woke up that morning the time she always did on Sundays. Her two roommates had already gone to breakfast, which meant that she could shower in peace, without Ophelia's annoying screeching telling her to hurry up.

Hoping in the shower, she turned the water to an ice-cold temperature and let it cascade down her back. Most people preferred hot showers, but Nephera had always liked the cold. The way the water fell on her back like multiple sharp daggers digging into her skin grounded her, reminded her that pain was only physical and could be overcome.

The second she hopped out of the shower, she sensed that something was wrong. That feeling was confirmed when she turned towards the mirror and saw that her skin was painted bright red with golden spots.

Cursing under her breath, she grabbed her shampoo bottle and smelt it, the scent of a particular potion immediately floating around her. Casting a quick dying charm over herself, she barged out of the bathroom and got dressed, before storming out of the dorm.

Outside of the common room, Tony and Ellie were waiting for Nephera like they did every morning. Seeing the door open, they turned towards it, expecting to see their friend walk out like usual, what they did not expect, however, was for her to storm out dressed like the Gryffindor mascot.

"What the-" started Tony his eyebrows furrowed in confusion

"Black and his bloody boy scouts happened. That's what." She said, before turning around and running for the Great Hall

Ellie and Tony exchanged one look and started running after her.

"Nephera!" shouted Ellie "Restrain yourself it's only ten in the morning!"

The Slytherin ignored both of them as she continued running. She saw people move to get out of her way, and she couldn't blame them if she was being honest. Messing with an angry Slytherin was one thing, but getting in the way of a livid Nephera Winchester hell-bent on revenge and with a look on her face that promised murder, was even stupider.

Remus didn't know why James and Sirius were unusually happy and restless that morning, but he hoped it didn't have anything to do with that prank they were planning to pull on Nephera. His prayers went unanswered, however, when he heard the doors slam open and he saw the brunette barge into the room. A lot of students who were eating breakfast at the same time ducked under their tables, knowing that Nephera's appearance was definitely a result of one of Sirius's pranks, and knowing that a fight was about to ensue.

"Black!" she shouted, approaching the Gryffindor table with fast strides

"Winchester, is everything okay? You look positively flushed." Teased Sirius, and it took everything within Remus to not slam his head across the table at his friend's stupidity

"You're dead. Tell me what potion you used."

"No, I don't think I will."

"I swear on Salazar, Black. Tell me!"

"Not happening Godric."

Nephera swore there was smoke coming out of her ears. "Fine." She said, flicking her wand in his direction

A loud inhale echoed throughout the Hall as the student's all gasped simultaneously, gazing upon Sirius.

"What did she do?" he asked, looking frantically at his hands, fearing that she had turned him green "Prongs what the bloody hell did she do?"

"Mate- your hair- I," stuttered James

Sirius lifted a hand to his head, only to find it completely bare, with no hair whatsoever.