Season 2 ~ Amigo

Dustin and I made our way inside the small house to pick up the pieces of the broken window and clean the mess in the living room.

"So," Dustin sighs, using a broom to clean up the extra glass. "Are you and Steve dating?"

"No." I say, putting up the wooden bookshelf that fell while the Demo-dog got thrown inside the living room.

"I could feel the electricity between you two."

I smile, blushing and looking down while picking up another small bookcase. I felt a presence behind me, I turn around see Steve standing there with a blanket in his arms. I move out of the way as he picks up the Demo-dog, Dustin and Steve wandering around to find a place to put it.

As I make my way into the kitchen, I see Steve standing in front of Dustin who was emptying a refrigerator.

"All right," Dustin sighs. "It should fit now."

"This is so dumb." I say, laughing.

"Is this really necessary?" Steve asks.

"Yes, it is, okay?" Dustin snaps. "This is a ground-breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog."

"All right, all right, all right." Steve sighs, preparing to shove the Demo-dog into the freezer. "But your explaining this to Mrs. Byers, all right?"

I laugh at the two as they try to get the Demo-dog into the freezer. Once they do I see Steve ruffle my brother's hair.

I walk into the living room where Max and Lucas had finished cleaning up and Mike was quickly pacing across the room.

"Mike," Lucas says. "Would you just stop already."

"You weren't in there, okay, Lucas?" Mike retorts, stopping his pacing. "That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs."

"Demo-dogs!" My brother shouts from the kitchen, causing me to roll my eyes and lean against the wall.

"The Chief will take care of her." I argue.

"Like she needs protection." Max mumbled under her breath.

"Listen, dude," Steve says with a rag in his hands. "a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?"

"Okay," Mike retorts. "first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench."

"Ri... So my point is..." Steve stutters, looking over at me for an answer, Raising my eyebrow in response, he sighs. "Right, yeah, we're on the bench. so, uh, there's nothing we can do."

"That's not entirely true." Dustin pipes in. "I mean, these Demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away."

"So if we get their attention..." Lucas points out.

"Maybe we can draw them from the path." Max continues.

"Clear a path to the gate." Mike concludes.

"Yeah," Steve pipes up. "and then we all die."

"That's one point of view." Dustin quips.

"No, that's not a point of view, man. That's a fact."

"I got it!" Mike exclaims, pushing in between Steve and Dustin and making his way into the kitchen, squatting in front of a large drawing in front of the refrigerator that had led its way throughout the Byers house, papers with scribbles strategically placed in each room to recreate a map of the tunnels. "This is where the chief dug his hole. This is our way into the tunnel. So..."