NO. 29

The 20th of April. Cia woked up and looked at her phone. It was Saturday, so no school. She got up at seven and went for a run. Her routine was finally getting broke.

Cia ran about two and half hours. Niles said, that he will not run with her on weekends, so even though they put that argument away, he didn't come with her. She came back just to see everyone in a bad mood.

"Did something happen?" she asked Jin, who just came into the kitchen. He just shaked his head and sat. The rest came, everyone looking so down.

The breakfast was weirdly quiet. No one was screaming, they weren't even talking, or complaining. They just sat there, like creatures without souls. Cia was watching them, trying to figure out, what was wrong.

"Alright. Did somebody die?" No answer. "Can someone tell me, what's going on?" No answer again. Cia frowned. "Alright. I'm leaving then." She went stright to her room. Cia was walking, thinking about something she has done, that made them ignore her again. But there was nothing.

And then it hit her. The date! 20th April! The day their mother left them and ran away. Cia felt bad for acting that way. But going downstairs and apologising, saying that it's alright, because she knows what is happening, that seemed to be even worse idea.

Cia sat on the bed, thinking about next step with the drug cartel. She already had his trust, all she needed was getting closer. She might become one of those who will communicate with school, or something. Anyway, she needed to spent more time around the Boss and get his full trust.

Lunch was quiet. Again, no one even talked. Cia was sitting there in that awkward silence, thinking about way to lift their mood. But nothing crossed her mind. So she just finished her lunch and said she's going out. Not that someone listened. No one cared and she understood that.

Cia was walking for a while. The weather was already nice, the sun was shining. Cia stopped in a park. She laid in a grass, letting her eyes close.

Little girl was playing with her mother. They looked nothing alike. The mother used to say, little girl has a beauty after her grandmother, who died long time ago. "Aella!" Mother called her daughter and little girl ran to her arms and hugged her. "How was kindergarten My Little Fire?" Girl hugged her mother, she wasn't even four, yet she was so clever.

"It was good Moomy." The woman, Annalise Frost, took her hand, waved at teacher and left. They went to the town. Had icecream. They laughed a lot and were happy. Then they sat in front of the fountain of wishes and her mother was singing. It was a beautiful song she sang every evening before going to sleep, while going through an illustrated book. Their favourite book.

Little Aella was eating her icecream, listening to her mother's singing and she joined her. It was a beautiful afternoon.

Cia woked up in the grass. It was already late. She got up, smiling to that memory. She didn't have many about her mother, so she cherished every single one she had.

The phone suddenly rang, so she picked up. It was Kayla. "Cia!" she cried to her phone.
"What is wrong Kayla? Calm down."
"El- she, she..."
"What is wrong with El?"
"She was found dead a few hours ago."
"No..." Cia stood there. That was not possible right? It could not be possible!

"Someone raped her and brutally killed her..." Cia shaked her head.
"That's nonsense! I talked with her just yesterday!"
"Cia-" but she was not listening anymore. Cia ran to the police station.

"Cia!" Officer Browns walked to her, looking sad. He knew why she was there. "Come with me." Cia followed him. And there she was. Eleonor.

Eleonor was laying on a metal table with wheels. Cia looked at her. There were no tears in her eyes. She felt so empty, looking at her friend's body. It was bruised and there were five stab wounds. "Who did that to you?" El didn't answer. How could she? "Who was it? Tell me, I'll go and kill that person. You have my word." But even this time, El didn't answer.

Cia walked out from the police station. Mr. Browns was probably telling her not to worry and they called Raven to pick her up, since it could be dangerous. But Cia wasn't able to perceive any of it.

Raven came. Cia got to the car. But it looked like none of them had energy to talk about her being picked up from police station again.

They arrived. Cia got out of the car. Everything she did was automatic, as if she wasn't master of her own body. She felt so numb. "Why were you at the police station again?" asked Mace, but she walked pass him. She needed to feel something. At least physically. She wanted to go to the gym. "Cia! I asked something!" He grabbed her hand. At that moment Mr. Perxon came in. He looked confused, not knowing, what is happening between his kids.

"Let go Mace," she said. Her voice completely emotionless. Mace shocked by that, let go of her hand and Cia walked out. She headed stright to the gym.

She didn't bother to take gloves, even though Niles made sure, she knew where they were, since the last incident. Cia punched the punching bag with every strength she had. Soon her fingers were bleeding. Soon she felt pain. But not just in her fingers. In her chest.

Suddenly it was so hard to breathe. It was harder, then when she was drowning. Cia kept punching the bag, blood oozing from her hands. And then she couldn't anymore.

Cia couldn't breathe, she felt down on her knees, trying to take a breath. She saw El's body in front of her. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. What were those feelings? Why was she feeling like that?

There was another pictures breaking in her head. Her mother dying. She saw that beautiful woman getting shot. She was just trying to protect her. And she died. For protecting her.
Did she kill El too?

Cia screamed. It was the most heartbroken sound she ever made.

"Can someone explain what happened here?" asked their dad.
"I picked her up at the police station again," said Raven looking tired. James Perxon wasn't loosing time. He called the police station right away.

"This is police station, Officer Browns."
"Good evening George. This is James Perxon. Do you have a minute?"
"Sure, what happened?"
"I heard my daughter, Grecia was at the police station today. Did she do something? Is she in trouble?"
"No James, she did nothing wrong. She came because of her friend. Eleonor Peers," George said.
"So everything is alright?"
"Unfortunately, Eleonor Peers was found dead this afternoon. She was murdered."

James was in shock. He thanked and hanged up. "So?" Niles asked.
"She didn't do something bad." He started to feel desperate.
"Her friend was found murdered this afternoon." The shock it left on their faces. What should they do?

None of them waited. Not even for a minute. They went after Cia.
The moment they were going down the stairs, they heard scream. It was such a painful and heartbreaking scream.

When they got to the gym, Cia was laying on the ground. Hands, which were bleeding, in her hair. Tears rolling down her cheeks. Mr. Perxon ran to her and hugged her.

"Stay away. They will kill you too," she kept whispering, but he hugged her stronger.
"It's alright," he was repeating again and again, until she calmed down. She felt asleep in his arms. His daughter. She looked so broken. So hurt.

Mr. Perxon lifted her up and carried her to her room. "Is she going to be alright?" asked Octavius. Apparently, they all heard her whispering.
"We need to wait. And then be here for her." All of them left.

Octavius was in his bed, couldn't fall asleep. He kept thinking about Cia. How broken she seemed to be. In the end he got up. He will stay with her tonight. Just in case.