Chapter 28

"It's true. I Love You, Imogen." He lowered his head, tilting it to connect our lips for an electrifying, brain-bending kiss. Hames loved me?! HOLY COWS!

The dim lights went off then the bright lights turned on again. He shut his eyes, seeming deep into the kiss but my eyes were bugged out, unable to close on their own accord. My heart beat rate had gone wild. How could Hames love me?

He probably only realized I wasn't responding to his kiss so he pulled away, gazing; his eyes read fear as he watched me, patently waiting for my answer.

I huffed, pulling apart from him. "So you locked me in Kade's room all day for this?"

"He locked you in his room? He's so stupid. They ought to take you out with them to distract you, not lock you. I apologize on their behalf." He attempted to hold me but I stepped backwards. 

"So you spread the news on the internet?" I glowered.

"What? No way! I didn't do that, why'd I do that?" He retorted. 

"Oh gosh," I huffed.

"Imogen, I need your response." He held my arms before I could step backwards. "Please, I need your answer, don't disappoint me."

"How can you love me? It makes absolutely no sense. You're always glaring at me, yelling, insulting me, not in approval of my way of dressing…" I trailed off, shaking my head. "Is this a game or something?"

"A game? Are you kidding me?" He scoffed. "I saw you for the first time two years ago at Kade's. I'd say it was love at first sight. At first, I didn't know what sorta feeling it was. I assumed it was only lust but constantly seeing you at Kade's, stalking you, you're always in my dreams, all my thoughts are about you. It took a while to define my feelings towards you but being the person I am, I didn't want to admit to myself that it was love, neither could I let you know, so I requested for you to be my secretary when Kade said Jovi had financial problems."

"Nothing correlates." I still couldn't believe his words, had something gone wrong with my ears?

"I know I always act grumpy around you but it's a natural act from me. I don't hate your way of dressing, I only glare at you because I get frustrated at how much I think about you but you don't seem to care, and your dressing style is perfect for me if the whole world doesn't have the chance to see." He let go of me, threading his fingers through his black hair. 

"I try my best to change my grumpy ways but it never works. If you'll accept me, I'll definitely be a better person for you."

"Accept you?"

"Yes?" He arched an eyebrow. 

"That's not possible."

"Excuse me?"

"I really don't like your personality, I don't like you at all. I can't accept you, Sir. You're only my boss, nothing else. Let it remain that way." I couldn't imagine being with Hames, it made my brain hurt so bad. 

"My personality?" Whether or not he realized it, a frown appeared in his face.

"Yes, and everything else about you. You're not the type of man I want, not at all." 

"I can change for you." He held my hands. "You really need to know how much you're driving me crazy. Do you know how hard this is for me? To express my true emotions to anyone at all? Will you at least think about it?" He circled his thumb on my palm, causing a tingling sensation. 

"No, there's nothing to think about." I took my hands out of his grip. "I've made my final decision and my answer is 'No'." I asserted.

"Imogen!" He snapped, causing me to flinch. "Why are you doing this? Is it because of Tyler? Or what? As far as I know, you don't have a boyfriend." He said frustratedly. 

"How would you know? If you stalk me then it's very wrong, don't do it anymore, stop it. I really don't like it—"

—"and I really don't like how you're responding to this. I'm handsome, extremely rich and I'm assuring you I'll change my personality for you." He held my shoulders, shaking me a bit. "Do you intend on making me lose my mind completely?" I noticed a vein pop out of his neck. 

I gulped, nodding. "Hames, not every woman is after your money. Though most Women are and I need money at every stage of my life, I won't ruin my happiness for it. Don't try to force me to change my mind because I won't." I remained adamant on my answer. 

He let go of me and his facial muscles relaxed. "You're hurting me," he said, almost too silent to be heard. 

"I—"

"You're really hurting me." He cut me off. "Why? I won't stalk you, I won't be rude, I'd do anything you want so why aren't you accepting this?"

"Mr. Hames Hendrix, I really don't want to have a romantic relationship with you, I don't like you at all." 

"You can eventually like me, just give me a chance."

"No, thank you." I turned around to leave but he held my wrist, automatically stopping me then pulled me to his chest, wrapping an arm around my waist. 

"You can't do this to me. I love you. Stop being so stubborn." He said in one breath, lowering his head to kiss the crook of my neck. 

I had to admit that the feeling of his lips on my neck was mesmerizing and made my internals melt but I was certain nothing was going to change my decision.

I placed my hands on his chest to push him away from me, not so gently. "Don't."

"Please think about it first," he pleaded. 

"No," I replied, amazed at his desperation. 

"Oh Jeez," he ran his hand along his face. "This is so frustrating."

"I'm being serious about my answer. Lila had suggested that you might probably be in love with me. Though I didn't want to believe her, I already made up my mind that if it eventually turns out to be true which it did, I'll never agree. You're nothing compared to the kind of Man I want for myself. I'm certain I can't be happy with you."

"But why?!" He barked. 

"I really don't know. A lot of reasons I can't accept you."

I could read the frustration etching on his face but I wasn't going to help it. "What type of guy do you love then?" He raised his eyebrows, shoving his hands into his front pockets. "A guy who's poor, ugly, dumb? What do you want? Let me know."

I went silent, scrutinizing him and the vexation emanating from him. 

I could tell my answer wasn't getting into his head yet so I shook my head, turned around to leave for my bedroom. 

"You'll have to accept me. I get what I want and I'll have you. Don't worry, you can think about it. Whenever you're ready, you can come to me, I'll definitely accept you back." He yelled behind me. 

Rolling my eyes, I pushed the door to my room open. 

Accepting Hames was just going to be like letting History repeat itself. I couldn't end up like Mia.