Rito Village

Link looked through his Sheikah Slate. Now that he was in Tabantha, his first order of business was to get to the region's Sheikah Tower, in order to add another piece of the map to the slate, before heading to Rito Village. After marking the location using the scope on the slate, he rode off with Epona to the location.

After narrowly avoiding some Guardian skywatchers patrolling part of the road, as well as riding past some wolf packs and bokoblin camps, he arrived near the tower, situated at the top of a small mountain.

"Here we are. Hopefully this won't be as difficult as the last one."

He got off Epona and climbed up the mountain, sneaking past a group of moblins before arriving at the top. To his dismay, the tower, like the one in Akkala, was surrounded by more thick, pulsing pools of Malice.

"Here too? Darn it, I need to find a way up. Hmm..."

He looked around, searching for something he could use. As he searched for a way up, he suddenly spotted a Malice eye by an old stone pillar. It turned to look at Link, widening as it noticed his presence.

"Oh no you don't!"

Link pulled his strengthened lizal bow out, shooting the abomination before it could attack him. It writhed in pain as it and the Malice covering the pillar disintegrated into black and purple smoke, causing the pillar to tip over, falling onto the tower, making a sort of makeshift bridge for Link to cross.

"Oh, well this will be a lot easier than Akkala."

He climbed on and carefully crossed the pillar. He then climbed onto the tower and made his way to the top. Using his slate, he activated the tower and registered the map.

"All done. Now then, let's see, where are we."

He looked around. From where he was, he could make out the layout of the region around him with ease. In the distance, a village stood on a tall rock in the middle of a large lake. Above it flew what appeared to be a massive mechanical bird.

"There it is, the Divine Beast... Wait a minute."

He looked at the album on his Sheikah Slate. The next image in the chronological order the princess had taken it in had the Divine Beast in frame. It was a picture of some old abandoned stone ruins, and, what appeared to be an inactivated Shrine in the middle of them. He could see the same village in the background of the picture. Looking around, he spotted a little piece of land that resembled the one in the picture. Like the captured image, it had some old ruins up on the side of a neighboring mountain, the shrine in the middle of them, now glowing a bright orange.

"It doesn't seem to be very far away. It won't be much of a loss to get it. And besides, there's a shrine, so it won't be that much of a waste of time."

He grabbed his paraglider and flew off to it.

Later

After dealing with some more moblins, he strolled on over to the shrine. Pulling out the Sheikah Slate, he compared the area to the picture. It was practically identical to it, barely anything had changed in the 100 years since the image being taken. As he began to think, trying to dig through his head what it meant, he suddenly remembered...

Flashback

Princess Zelda was standing in front of the shrine. She placed the Sheikah Slate down on its pedestal, waiting for a moment expectantly. Nothing happened.

"Nothing. Just as I thought." she said to herself, pulling the slate away. "Hmm... It appears this structure was designed to be exclusively accessed by the sword's chosen one."