77

Liam's POV

This was a mess. Everything right now was one big fucking mess and I'm in the center of all of it.

When Jax stormed in talking about how someone had told Andrew, my heart stopped. All I could think about was the day I told Andrew before it got too serious.

I knew Andrew would never tell Jax that I told him but Jax wasn't stupid, it would only take a matter of time for him to figure out who had done it and it seemed like today would be that day.

Luckily before he even had the chance to start questioning anyone, Callum had already stepped in and was trying to talk him down and after a while he was able to but it made me feel bad.

Part of me wanted to just say that it was I, just so Jax knew he was right and wasn't being paranoid but I knew that wasn't the best idea in the long run.

If I told Callum and Ryder, just to get it off my chest, they would kill me for not telling them when I found out. If I told Jax he would no doubt break up with me and probably Ryder and Callum too just because he could and with the deal that Callum made with him, he would move out of our cabin all together, not even giving us the chance to make it up to him.

I try not to feel too bad considering I was only trying to help him. If I hadn't told Andrew things would have only been worse in the long run. Jax would have been nothing but a bag of bones before Andrew realized something was wrong.

Not to mention the fact that it has been a week sense Jax said he would tell Andrew and he still hasn't. If Andrew hadn't brought it up today there's no telling how long it would have taken Jax to tell him.

I only sigh I rub the back of my neck as I try to pull myself away from the mess I had put myself in.

We were all sitting at supper now and Jax seemed to be even more convinced now that he needed to keep up his new happy and perfectly fine mask.

He ate nearly all of his supper like he had been the past week, he didn't glare at anyone, and he actually joined in on the conversation. Everything even seemed more genuine today too, like maybe this really is happy Jax, not just a mask that he had invented over night.

I didn't want to get my hopes up about that but I had seen Jax's happy mask, and while they were very similar, this just wasn't that.

"Town Day should be happening soon," Ryder says out of nowhere with a smile on his face. He's always loved Town Day, he says he likes to pretend that we are all graduated and already out of camp and are just out and around, running errands and other overly normal things.

"It should fall on Friday this time," Callum confirmed as he pushed his trey away and wiped his hands on his pants.

"We'll have to show you our favorite ice cream place, the bowling alley, and then we can go to the park, " Ryder insists with a smile as he began to jump up and down in his seat. Jax only smiles back as he watches the excitement drip off of our boyfriend.

"I bet it will be fun," he says before turning to me and Callum, "Anywhere you two want to go?"

"North Carolina," Callum says firmly, making Jax stare at him with a confused look.

"Well that's a few states away, do you think we'll have time," Jax says, clearly playing along to whatever game Callum was playing.

"I think we will if we get done at the ice cream place early."

"And what exactly is in North Carolina?"

"The great unknown," Callum says dreamily, making Ryder groan loudly.

"We are not running away to live like cave people," Ryder says, bringing Callum out of his daydream.

Every Town Day Callum makes this big extravagant plan about how we are going to ditch our cabin's guard, run away to North Carolina, and live in caves until we are all 18 and can buy an apartment. I was always ready to do it but Ryder never lets us try.

Jax looks like he wants to laugh at the bickering couple but keeps it in for Callum's sake.

"We'll try that next time," Jax says as he wraps an arm around Ryder and pulls him in close.

"Don't you start to Mr. I'm not sleeping on the floor in a cold cave if I don't have to," Ryder says, making Jax chuckle before turning to me again. I can't help but smile at the look of pure joy in his eyes.

"Well since North Carolina is out, where do you want to go?"

"There's this old arcade close to the cut off point. We say we'll go there every time but we always get caught up in other things and we have to start heading back before we get the chance."

"We'll just have to go there first this time," Jax decided. "And then when we get done there we can head back here and hit the other places we want to stop at."

I can't help but smile as I imagine all of us hanging out outside of camp, like one big group date with each other.

The rest of dinner was spent with us all planning on how we would spend our day and after about thirty minutes we had all decided how it would go.

First ice cream so we could eat on the long walk to the arcade, then we would spend a few minutes there, then we would find some sort of fast food place since our sponsor families only send us so much money and we have to ration it somehow, then the bowling alley, and if we still had time, we would take a small walk around the pond in the park.

I had been on plenty of Town Days but this one was going to be my favorite one by far. Suddenly I couldn't wait for Friday.

Last updated April 22, 2021