Chapter 3

Hayley's P.O.V

"She's Dr. Grey, one of our best interns in Neuro right now" Amelia introduced me as I couldn't avoid frowning.

"I'm not... I am really not that good" I pointed out while shaking my head.

"Don't listen to her" Dr.Sheperd quickly said. "It's been years since we've had someone with her talent" she commented, but hearing those words only made me want to leave that room.

I wasn't my sister. I had never planned to be a neurosurgeon. I didn't want to take her place, but none seemed to listen.

It was hard to listen every single day about how much I looked, talked or acted like Lexie. They expected me to fill in her shoes, to be just like her, but I couldn't, because if I was good at it, it was thanks to her.

"Do you stay here with them? I need someone from trauma to check on that leg" Amelia asked and, even though I wanted to say no, I nodded. "Good, I'll be back"

The room went completely silent as soon as she left as I stood there not knowing what to do.

"I've read about Dr.Sheperd, you have to be really good if you're working with her" the woman that looked exactly like my older sister said, getting me to look at her for just a few seconds.

"I..." I sighed while looking for an answer. "I'm not that good" I tried to deny again.

"Oh, come on, you're probably amazing!" Kara exclaimed, which made me smile without even being able to avoid it.

"Thanks" I answered before going back to silence.

I kept my head down, feeling that I was being observed by both of them, just hoping for Amelia to come back quickly since I wasn't sure if how much time I was going to be able to stay inside of the room.

I knew it wasn't her, but deep down I felt it that way. The few seconds our eyes had met, it had been as if Lexie was there, smiling at me... Even they had the same name.

"Is there any relation on the name of the hospital and yours?" It was Kara who asked as I frowned, being a little upset about the question.

"Kar..." Alexandra looked at her sister after observing my reaction. "I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable" she apologized.

"No, it's okay, Ms. Danvers" I shook my head while smiling slightly.

"Please, call me Alex" she asked with a smile, getting me to nod.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean..." Kara apologized, but again I shook my head.

"It's okay, I just..." I sighed. "Two doctors died in a plane crash eight years ago..." I stopped talking the moment I felt tears being contained in my eyes. "One of them was my sister" I barely whispered

"I'm so sorry to hear that," Alex said, but hearing her talk only reminded me more of Lexie.

"I... I have to go" I told them shortly before running away from there, knowing that I couldn't keep working on that case.

-------

Alex/Lexie's P.O.V

She stared through the window of the room to the place where her youngest sister was standing, tears clouding her gaze as she observed her.

It had been minutes since the young girl had ran away from the room and they had been able to see Hayley's full panic attack when Amelia had told her to come inside.

Her baby sister was standing with her back leaning on a wall and her eyes closed as everyone else was trying to calm her down, but only one person managed to get her to move. Meredith.

She closed her eyes once they left. Kara held her hand tightly as she tried to think how to solve all of it, how to end her sister's pain.

"I shouldn't have asked her" Kara murmured as she shook her head.

"It's okay, Kar" she told her, there was no way for them to have known that the girl would act like that. "She's so broken" she whispered.

"You can't tell her, Alex" her adoptive sister pointed out as she frowned while nodding.

"I know" she sighed. "But sometimes I wish I could"

"It had been months since the plane crash. Long months of recovery, being watched 24/7 by doctors, the DEO's director and her new adoptive sister.

However, that day she was just by herself. For the first time she had taken her day off from work and she had flown to Seattle, only wanting that her family and friends were alright.

As she walked toward her sister's house, she spotted a teenage girl sitting on the porch's stairs, her back resting on the railing while the rays of sun were hitting directly at her. It was one of those weird days in which it was sunny in Seattle.

She couldn't avoid her surprise when she saw Molly walking out of Meredith's house since neither of them had ever gotten along. But she knew it had something to do with their youngest sister.

"Am I staying?" She was close enough to hear the teen girl ask, seeing how Molly nodded slightly. "Good, I told you I didn't want to leave" Hayley was harsh.

"Quit the attitude, Hayley" her sisters looked at each other before the oldest one sat down. "I know it was too much for you, but you didn't have to give me such a hard time" Molly complained.

"You took me away!" the sixteen year old exclaimed angrily.

"You're my sister, I was worried about you!" the woman exclaimed back. "But you refuse to let me in"

"Well, you're not Lexie and you will never be" those words brought tears to her eyes, that young girl needed her.

Molly didn't say anything. She just wrapped her arms around the teenager, embracing her tightly until a taxi parked in front of the house, because at that moment she observed how her youngest sister nodded slightly before her sister kissed her forehead and left.

For a few seconds she thought of approaching her, only wanting to hug her, to take her sister with her to National City, to promise that girl that she wasn't leaving her. But she couldn't, because Meredith was the one that sat down next to the teenager.

"Why did you act like that?" That question only got the girl to shrug. "You ran away twice" Meredith pointed out.

Hayley looked away for a few seconds before closing her eyes.

"I miss her" her baby sister sighed. "I want my sister back. I want Lexie back!" the teen started sobbing loudly, just as their older sister embraced the youngest one tightly.

At that moment she could not fight for longer the tears that were being contained in her eyes, having to leave as she couldn't bare seeing Hayley like that and not being able to do something to calm her down.

She needed her baby sister too"

Hi!!

This is the third chapter. A little bit of a flashback.

Thanks so much for reading, let me know what you think,

Ayrin