Song - A reminder

Two armed men removed the tapes and blindfold for now. Scarlett tried to balance her body when the van sped through the woods. There was complete silence. The soundproof van makes it all even worse.
Scarlett went numb every passing second. She wished she had gone to school. Scarlett felt like her body was disintegrating into pieces. She knew the menace in the future. She tried to shut her brain, her anxiety wouldn't let her through. A grain of salt destined to disappear very soon.

Ten minutes passed shaking with terror. Zen threw his black handkerchief, saying, "Just in case any of you start bursting out, you can always use it".

Scarlett hated him; more than that lousy guard sitting near the door.

Scarlett removed her little choker, throwing it, she screamed in a low voice, "Just in case I want to strangle the young man sitting in front of me!"

After some time, the most anticipated thing happened. The shrivelled pea looking blond started weeping; her shoulder shaking, she gasped for breath. She turned around, Scarlett felt like she was seeing in a mirror when she saw the blonde girl, the difference was, Scarlett wasn't crying, yet. The tears were wiped by the black handkerchief that was lying in front of her.

•••

"I'm gonna take my horse to the ................ride till I can't no more......" Zen hummed in the dark with his usual smirk, shorter this time.

"Eww.." Scarlett wanted to gag at him for the balls he had to sing-song when people are dying; including him.

"Oh I ...I try to be happy but it's hard sometime...." Zen continued singing, changing the song this time.

Scarlett flushed with anger. She collected herself, balled up with her head on her knees, leaving little space to breathe.
Between her knees and her chest, she let a loose smile, probably the first in many months. Zen singing in the darkness, gave her hope, more like a reminder that another human with a 'song' exists and that she isn't alone; there is a man with a 'song' too.

The van came to a sudden stop. Doors were opened, two of the security men got out. Inside, Scarlett could hear the waves roaring; proclaiming the authority over the oceans.

"Woah! That sunset......isn't it swell?" Zen remarked staring at Scarlett, who was staring at the giant ship that was ready to sail. The cargo was loaded to the heights above the ship.
Scarlett held her eyes locked, praying to the Mighty one.

A Couple of men, holding Ruger-Lc9 shotgun, led the three into the ship. After climbing those enormous stairs, they reached the deck; a deck full of smuggled humans. Zen, Scarlett and the blonde found themselves in a dark cabin. It smelled like rotten vegetables mixed with pungent smell of chemicals. Darkness trickled the corners of the cabin, the muscle men, who, looked almost like mannequins lined with guns, had escorted the poor soul.

Barrel- chested men entered, holding three bowls of Gruel and beans.
"Eat wretches! We want you alive!" Bawled they, leaving the room.

Of course, their appetite had died along with their hopes of tomorrow.

Scarlett tried making conversation with the other girl she was bound to spend the nights with.
"Hey, I'm Scarlett, and you?"

"Odlin" her shaking lips, would not open anymore. Scarlett badly wanted to hug her, console her, say her that the stars are still twinkling when her own body could not move.

The air was boiling. Zen sat there, his eyes closed, perhaps, singing a song in his head.

Scarlett wanted to sleep, start dreaming. She wanted to forget the universe. Dream alone. This time, she really wanted to reach the summit and was prepared to die when the big rock came tumbling at her. She wanted the rock to hit her, right at her face. And there she sat, fallen asleep; her head hanging to the side, crashing the air.

Zen swiveled around, presently sitting next to Scarlett.
"Lean on, your neck tendons might come lose if you continue this position"

Scarlett did. She was too tired to fight. She needed rest.

"I like your accent," Scarlett said inhaling his Woody cologne.

"I am not French."

"Still, it's different," Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"I thought you were mad at me."

"Of course I am. Do I get a choice to talk to?"

"The tides are screaming. The winds are ready to listen to you. Too many choices."

"Well then, I choose you."

"Opacrophile," Scarlett said.

"What?" his raised eyebrows asked.

"He that loves sunset."

"Fancy."

Both dozed out into their own worlds.

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

A/N:

*Oof* it's raining here

Feel like my eyes have become photosensitive..haha

Howdy gorgeous people!!!!
Finally tried a longer chapter.
How was it???
Leave your precious votes and comments.
Any corrections, let me know.
Love you all lots and lots.

***You know those songs.
'Old town road'- Lil Nas X
'Hard sometimes'- Reul

Personal fav artists. Let me know yours!