Chapter 1

The scientists watched her through the window. The wooden blocks set in front of Kira now floated in the air as she stared intently at them. Until she was told to go back to her chamber, where she sat and try to entertain herself.

Fed, tested, studied, taught, given pills, etc.; it was a daily routine. She was locked up in a room, only a bed and a desk with papers, sketchbooks, a book and a pencil in it. Not much was in that room for her to use, besides, she used her own gift, but it was limited.

Kira was 5 years old when her parents gave her to the government to test on. The moment they saw objects floating around her, they panicked and quickly dialed the police. They've completely ignored her for 11 years, not a check on her by her parents did she remember.

She sat down on the cot-like bed. She let the papers on her desk fly up to her and hovered in front of her, brandishing her own work. She then made the pencil come to her and it started drawing, no need for her hand. There were times when she thought that she could be a sketcher until she remembered where she lives, what they do to her.

They give her pills for her gift to not work, other pills they give her keep her from being the hyper girl. So, she was always quiet, no noise was to be heard from her.

Her thoughts had nothing in them as she drew with the invisible hand, no one interrupted her as she shaded spots that needed depth and shadows. That is, until, she heard a person outside the door.

"I heard that their gonna take her brain out." The first voice.

"You mean dissect her? Why would they do that?"

"I think it's because they need to learn more about her. Heck, I don't know. I just heard a few people who are in charge of her talking about it."

Kira's paper and pencil dropped to the floor, she didn't even bother looking at the way of the door where the person who was talking about her came in, a tray of her food in his hands. The person stared at her for a minute, picked up her dropped objects, and placed them next to her food on her desk.

"Your pills will be given to you before you sleep, by the way." He informed her and left her room alone, and once again, Kira was left in the silence of the pale room.

Her heart pounded as quickly he left. She was fine as a lab rat, a person who wasn't treated right and was never allowed to go outdoors, but she didn't like the idea of scientists dissecting her. After all, who would?

Kira quickly devised a plan.

* * *

The food that was given to her for dinner was untouched, neither did the pills they provide for her every day. She sat on her chair, eyeing them, knowing that the CCTV camera was watching her, she thought that she had to drink the pills.

But that wasn't her plan.

She took the pills into her mouth, but under her tongue, she then drank the water. The pills were not only for keeping her emotions intact, but it was also for her gift. Kira was given these every day, of course, after they run their tests on her. So she was given a bit of free time to play.

Although she wasn't hungry, Kira forced the food into her mouth. While she ate, she focused on the camera, even without looking at it. Until sparks exploded through the small machine.

Not long after did it explode, an alarm rang through the hall outside of her metal door. Kira stood up, wiping away some excess juice on her lips, and made the door fly open. She spits out the pills and bolted out of her room.

In a bird's eye view, she saw all of the guards running towards her room, as she stood and figured out the exit. And then, she started running. Everything that was in her way was pushed aside by an invisible force like an invisible shield was helping her. Sweat beaded her forehead as she ran through halls. And when she realized that she was near to that exit, she giggled in her mind. But, she abruptly stopped, right in front of the exit.

Guards blocked her view of the double doors.

"Kira, stop this and go back to your room." A worker, who was in charge of Kira, stepped forward and ordered.

She looked down, her brown bangs covered her cerulean eyes. "No."

A series of cracks rang through the room. And she knew. She knew what she was doing.

She finally looked up, seeing that the door is free to go to. Bodies littered the ground, all of their heads turned in an odd angle. She stepped in between bodies, nearing the door, nearing her freedom. She grabbed a hold of the handles and opened them up.

She looked up at the night sky, helicopters in the air and lights were roaming around on the ground. They dropped down to the ground, explosions made fire ignite on the grassy floor. And she continued to run while she made the wire fence crumble and move away.

She disappeared into the woods, away from the devastation behind her.

* * *

The chirping of birds and much more natural wildlife awoke Kira. She sat up on her branch, where she slept in. It surprised her that no one from the facility found her overnight. She climbed down, her legs slightly trembling when setting foot on the ground. She stretched a little.

Kira walked forward, not knowing where to go. I guess I'll go to wherever my legs take me, she thought. Her feet already had blisters from walking all night, her plain, flat shoes getting dirty.

She listened to the wildlife, her first time listening to it for a long time. The trees are like aliens, though she saw them in pictures. It was the first time in a long time since the sun hit her skin, her flesh burning up a little. She's outside; she's free.

As Kira walked, she thought of the possible scenarios. That is, until, she realized that she had no shelter. She doesn't know anybody, nor does she know what it feels like to live outside of the facility. She didn't think this through.

She stopped and looked up from the ground. In front of her was a mansion.

Hello! Thank you for reading the first chapter. Please comment about what you think of the first chapter. Thank you! :)