Part - 5

This is not how you dreamed of your marriage. But this is the man you wanted to marry. You have been loving him since you were 8. You are in love with him for years without seeing him. Maybe that's the misery of love. It can make you wait for the impossible or do the craziest things for the person you love.

Slipping off the dress you entered into the shower. After the hectic day you found it serene. Closing your eyes every single memory you had with him flashed behind your eyelids. His smile, his eyes, his touch, each and every single moment you had with him made your lips curved into a smile.

'Now you officially became my husband. Soon you will accept me as your wife. I will make you realize that your love for me is not faded. You have to unbury the love for me from deep inside your heart.'

Coming back to the room you found Jungkook sitting on the bed lost in deep thoughts. Sensing your presence his eyes averted to you. 

He was confused by the emotions he is going through currently. He is sad. But at the same time he has a surprisingly unknown inner peace and happiness.

He is deeply sad that Lena ran away on the day of the marriage. They were only together for three years. During their relationship he was loyal to her. Because she tried a lot to make him feel the inner happiness even if that was not successful all the time. 

The sound of you clearing your throat made him come back from his trance. He quickly took his gaze from you. He closed his eyes tight and took a deep breath to calm his rapid heart rate. 

"S-Sorry Y/N." He stuttered and kept his eyes fixed on the ground embarrassed to look at your face. 

"For what?" You chuckled. 

"For breaking my promise." His voice was barely audible. 

"No need to apologize. It's your life, you have the right to fall in love with anyone you want. I can't force someone to love me." You shrugged. 

He only nodded his head weakly. It is a shame for him and his family that the bride ran away from the wedding.  And above all in his eyes you put aside your happiness to save their reputation.

"You shouldn't have agreed to this marriage. At least you might be happy with your boyfriend." 

"Boyfriend?" You questioned him. You are wondering about who that non existing boyfriend of you is.

"How did you know?" You don't want him to know that you have been waiting  for him all these years. 

"So it was true." The fact that you didn't try to deny it made a pang in his heart. 

He didn't believe it completely after Lena told him about your new boyfriend. But he had no other choice than to believe her because you never tried to contact him. So he thought you will be happy with your new relationship and that's why you never contacted him.

"Lena's cousin was your senior at the college you attended. One day when Lena visited his college for some function. She found you with him and enquired to her cousin about your relationship. He told her about you and your relationship with one of your seniors in college. She even showed me some photographs." There was a hint of despair in his voice.

"How Lena and her brother knew me?" Your eyebrows crooked. 

"I have told her about you and our relationship. She knew everything about us." In the beginning of their friendship, the only topic he had to say was you. She caught him many times staring at your pic on his phone.

After knowing that you moved on. He thought there is no point in waiting for you. Jungkook is always ready to sacrifice anything for your happiness. That's why he kept a distance from you even if it's very difficult for him.