14-Hogsmeade Part 3

Percy's POV

At the Three Broomsticks, we sat at a table for eight, since Draco was sitting with us.

"So," Draco said dully, biting into a Chocoball, "how do you like Hogwarts so far?"

"It's awesome!" I cried. "I can make water out of thin air without even using an ounce of my energy!" I pulled out my wand, "Aguamenti!" A shower of water splashed Draco in the face.

Draco swore and indignantly snorted water out of his nose while I apologized insincerely. 

Being my Wise Girl, Annabeth commented on the architecture at Hogwarts. "Oh, it's incredible. I can really see the influence of the Middle Ages. Magical architects have so much more potential to design fantastic structures, since physics won't need to be taken into account." She went on and on, until she realized nobody was listening except me, who'd already heard the speech a thousand times over.

"I'm a bit concerned," Jason said, "about the quest. It's like nothing is even happening. The prophecy says there's supposed to be some impossible task, but all we're doing is going to class and detention."

"The homework is impossible," Leo said, eating a Chocolate Frog. It looked really weird since it was wiggling in his hand.

Jason rolled his eyes, "It wouldn't be if you were awake in class. Draco, do you know anything about Voldemort somehow returning?"

Draco shrugged, "My mum and stepdad don't know anything about Voldemort coming back. And see," Draco cautiously looked around, then lifted his sleeve to show us the Dark Mark, "it's not getting clearer, if he's coming back, my Mark wouldn't look all faded like this. And he can't come back unless he still has a Horcrux that wasn't destroyed."

After Annabeth reminded us what a Horcrux was, I nodded and said, "We can just go with the flow. The prophecy's going to happen no matter what we do. I hope it's not too soon though," I said, trying a Treacle Tart, "this food is delicious."

"What do you think the impossible task is?" Annabeth asked worriedly.

Her mood spread around the table. I spotted a full bottle of Butterbeer on an empty table. Hm...was Butterbeer supposed to be that color?

"Can we not talk about something so depressing?" Leo interrupted my thoughts, a ring of chocolate surrounding his mouth. "At least not now? Jason, you should try this." Leo handed Jason a pink piece of candy.

Jason cautiously took it and put it in his mouth. He floated a few inches out of his chair, "Whoa!"

Leo grinned, "I knew I wasn't reading it wrong! Fizzing Whizzbees make you float! I'm going to try twenty at once—"

"No!" Piper shrieked. "You already threw up from eating all those Peppermint Toads! Twice! All over me!"

"How was I supposed to know it would feel like frogs were jumping around in my stomach?" Leo defended himself.

"You could have at least not done it on me!" she huffed.

"Come on, nobody saw right?"

"Oh no, not at all," she said sarcastically, "just a few dozen people. No biggie. And they also did not turn to look when you guys all began laughing like madmen."

"I wasn't laughing!" Jason protested.

"Then what were you doing after Leo threw up if it wasn't laughing?"

Jason didn't answer.

"He was having a seizure," Leo supplied. "Remember that mole on your foot? Maybe it's not benign."