Chapter 2 - Episode 1: Tattoo - part 2

(Your POV) preserve

The deputies had arrived and had told us we would be escorted home. The deputy car only has 2 available seats in the backseat, so Scott comes over to me. "Do you want to ride with us?" he asks me. I look to Lydia and then nod back to Scott. Lydia looks at me with wide eyes, she is clearly still in shock. "It's ok, we will drive right behind you." I say reassuringly, making her nod. I give her another hug and then walk over to the jeep.

I'm about to go and sit in the backseat, when Scott jumps in before me. He looks at me and gives me a small smile. I awkwardly sit down in the front seat next to Stiles and look out of the window. After we have been driving for a little bit in silence, Stiles suddenly starts speaking.

"Did you have fun in New York?" he asks nervously, looking over at me. I look at him and then back at the road in front of us. "Yeah... I mean Lydia had more fun, considering that she got a fashion internship." I say, lightly laughing. "But some family time with my aunt was pleasant." I then say again, making him nod.

I look in the rearview mirror, and see Scott intently looking at both of us. I can't get what Lydia had said out of my head... Does he still like me like that, or did his feelings change over the summer break? "What have you two been up to?" I then ask, looking at both of them. "I got a tattoo." Scott says proudly, making me look at him with wide eyes.

"Really? Can I see it?" I ask. He shakes his head no. I look at him confused and Stiles jumps in the conversation. "His tattoo healed already." He says with a shrug, making my mouth form into an 'o' shape. "I'm sorry." I say, making Scott shrug. "It's ok." He says. "I hated it." Stiles then says, earning a slap on the back of his head from Scott.

"So uhm... I did some research for you over the summer." Stiles then says shyly, clearing his throat. "Research?" I ask confused. "Yeah uhm, about you... like we talked about before the summer." Stiles says again. "Oh right. Yeah, I did some research too, but I couldn't find anything legit on it." I say, seeing him nod. "I had the same problem. Maybe we can meet up this week and try to find something together? You know, teamwork makes the dream work." Stiles says with an awkward chuckle. "Sure." I say, giving him a small smile. I see him nod at this and hear a small sigh from the backseat.

When we reach my home, I can see Lydia walking into the house. I wave goodbye to Scott and Stiles and walk over to her. I take one last look behind me and see Stiles still staring at me. Maybe I should finally just ask him tomorrow at school.

...

(Third POV) Hospital

Isaac is laying on a gurney, he is being rolled into beacon hills hospital. When he enters the hospital, Melissa sees him immediately. "Hey, wait! Wait a minute! I know this one." She says, walking over to Isaac. She walks beside him, leaning in so she can whisper. "What happened, Isaac?" she asks confused.

"The girl, all right? She's worse, okay?" Isaac says weakly, making Melissa frown at him. "Are you not healing?" Melissa asks, frowning at Isaac. "I will. Will you just-will you just help her, please?" Isaac asks, making Melissa nod at him and look behind her. "Okay, can you take him?" she asks the paramedic behind her.

"We gotta move him, Melissa." The paramedic says, making her nod. "All right, take him." She says, before racing over to the second gurney entering the hospital. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey..." Melissa says, trying to comfort the girl. "Find him... I have to find him..." Braeden says weakly, making Melissa take her hand in hers.

"What are you saying?" Melissa asks confused, looking back at the girl with a frown. "I have to... I have to tell him..." Braeden says weekly again, trying to move. "Who?" Melissa asks confused again, making Braeden sigh. "The Alpha... Find the Alpha..." she says, making Melissa nod. "What do you want with Derek Hale?" Melissa asks confused. "No..." Braeden says, making Melissa frown even harder. "What?" she asks confused.