Chapter 5 - Episode 2: Chaos Rising - part 2

(Your POV) school

Scott, Stiles and I are all sitting in Coach's class. I'm sitting in the seat in front of Stiles, while Scott is sitting next to Stiles. "The stock market is based on two principles-- what are they?" Coach asks, making me think. "Yes, McCall, you can go to the bathroom. Anybody else?" he asks, making me look back at Scott, seeing a confused look on his face and his hand still half in the air.

"Uh, no, Coach-- I know the answer." Scott then says, making me smile proudly. "Hahahahaha!" Coach then suddenly begins laughing, making me frown at him. "Oh, you're serious." He then asks, making me look back at Scott with a small comforting smile. "Yes. Risk and reward." Scott says, making coach gasp.

"Wow! Who are you? And what have you done with McCall?" Coach asks, but he shakes his head immediately. "Don't answer that! I like you better! I like you better!" he then says, making me roll my eyes at his antics. "Does anybody have a quarter?" he asks. I hear Stiles move behind me. "A quarter... yep!" he says.

I look behind me and see something flying out of his pocket, onto the ground. I look at it and my eyes get wide, seeing it is an 'XXL-size condom'. I look back at Stiles in shock and see his cheeks go red immediately. "Stilinski, I think you, uh..." coach says, picking the condom up from the floor. "You dropped this." He says, before placing it on Stiles' desk.

I look at him questionably, before I see coach's eyes dart between stiles and me. "And congratulations!" he then says salaciously, making my cheeks go red as well. I see Scott looking at us with wide eyes, making me turn back to the front to try to disappear from the awkward situation. "Risk and reward! Put the quarter in the mug, win the reward! Okay, watch Coach." Coach explains, putting a cup on the floor and going to stand at the other side of the room. He then flicks the quarter and it lands in the cup.

"That's how you do it!" he says gleefully. "Okay, Danny... Risk? Reward?" he asks, making me look at Danny. "What's the reward?" Danny asks, making Coach think. "You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow." He says, making me frown. "Coach, it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it..." Danny explains, making coach frown at him.

"Danny, you know, I really expect more from you at this point. Really." He says impatiently. He then walks over to Scott. "McCall! Risk. Reward. The risk: if you don't put that quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop-- the, the quiz. And-and you have to write an essay! Risk-- more work. Reward-- no work at all. Or, choose not to play." Coach says, making my eyes get wide, I'd like to take that risk.

"But isn't this just chance?" Scott asks, making me frown at him. "No! You know your abilities, your coordination, your focus, past experience... All factors affecting the outcome. So, what's it gonna be, McCall? More work, no work, or choose not to play?" Coach asks, making me nod at Scott. "No play." Scott says, placing the quarter on the desk in front of him.

"I'd like to try." I then say, making coach look over at me. "There we go, come on up." He says, motioning for me to follow him to the front. "Ok risk: you will have to do the 'quiz' tomorrow and write two essays! Reward: no work for this whole week." Coach says, making me smile. "Hell yeah!" I say confidently, taking the quarter in my hand.

I place myself in front of the cup and concentrate. I then flick the quarter with my fingers, making it land into the cup in front of me. When I see it land in the cup, I look up to coach with a smile on my face. "I guess that's reward?" I ask innocently, seeing coach smile. "Well done! Great aim!" he says, motioning for me to take my seat again. "Ok, Y/n has got no school work for a whole week! Okay, who's next? Who wants the quarter?" he then asks again.

I hear Stiles pat his desk in excitement, before raising his hand eagerly. "There ya go! There's a gamblin' man! Come on! Step up, step up!" coach says, making me look over at Scott with worry. Stiles isn't really the best at this kind of stuff. "All right, Stilinski!" coach says, patting Stiles on his shoulder.