Chapter 8 - Episode 3: Fireflies - part 2

(Your POV) Martin house

Stiles and I follow Lydia into her room, after having driven with her to our house. When we get to her bedroom, she sighs and turns around to face Stiles and I. "You two didn't have to follow me home." She says, making me smile sheepishly. "I just wanted to make sure you got in okay." I say with an innocent shrug, making her frown.

"...I had a police escort." She says in disbelief, making me frown. "Yes and I know the inner workings of that force, all right? They're not nearly as reliable as people think!" Stiles says, backing me up. I give him a small smile as a thank you, which he returns with a wink.

"Well, you also didn't have to follow me into my room..." Lydia says amused. I look over and see Stiles with a frown on his face. "Well, I, uh..." he stammers, trying to come up with something. "Yeah, I don't have an answer for that." He then says sheepishly.

"We can leave..." I then say, pulling at Stiles' arm. "Are you two really gonna go without asking me the question that you've been dying to ask me?" Lydia then asks tiredly, making me nervously look at her. "Well, I'm not...I haven't been dying to ask anything." I say, trying to play dumb. I then look at Stiles, who immediately shakes his head as well.

"Me neither...No questions here for Stiles! Nothing!" he exclaims nervously. "I can see it on your faces." She then says skeptically. "...Maybe our faces just have, like, a naturally interrogatory exp-expression...?" Stiles tries, making Lydia look at us unamused.

"Well, your interrogatory expressions are getting on my nerves!" Lydia exclaims annoyed, making me sigh. "I'm sorry..." I say sadly, seeing her nod at me. "The answer is... I have no clue how I ended up finding that body. I didn't even know where I was until I got out of the car." Lydia says, making me frown with worry.

"Yeah, but the last time something like this happened..." Stiles says, now frowning as well. "I know-- Derek's uncle." Lydia says, looking at me. "Peter." I say, making her nod. Stiles' phone goes off and he excuses himself into the hallway to pick it up. I look at my sister sadly, seeing her sigh again.

"Y/n I'm fine, I promise." She says, making me nod. "I'm just worried about you, Lyds, if you really have no idea how you got to the pool... then that means you drove there without actually being conscious and making conscious decisions..." I say nervously, seeing her nod. "That could have ended badly." I say with worry.

Stiles then enters the room again, looking over at me. "What is it?" I ask confused. "Melissa just called, she wants us to see something at the hospital." Stiles says, making me frown and look back at my sister. "Maybe you should just go." I then say to Stiles, making him look behind me at Lydia and then nod back at me.

"You're not going with?" Lydia then asks me with a frown. "I'm not leaving you alone right now." I say in disbelief, seeing her sigh again. "Y/n, you can go. They need your help. I'm fine... I'm just going to go to sleep, ok?" she says, slightly pushing me towards to door and towards Stiles. "Are you sure? Cause I don't mind staying." I say, making her huff again.

"I'm sure. Nothing's going to happen to me tonight... I've had my share of crazy already, that's all the crazy I'm up for tonight." She explains, making me slowly nod. "Call me if anything weird happens, alright? Anything at all." I then say, making her smile at me. "I will. Now go." She says, before I grab Stiles' arm and drag him towards his jeep outside.

...

(Third POV) Preserve

Derek senses someone close by and goes to check it out without Scott, Isaac or Chris. When he looks behind a tree, he can see Peter standing there. "And the hunted becomes the hunter!" Peter says dramatically. "You really think a few high-tech dog-whistles are gonna help?" Peter then asks in disbelief, walking closer to Derek.