Chapter 11 - Episode 4: Unleashed - part 3

Please do upvote each chapter if you enjoyed it and comment as much as you can! Because I'm not sure if anyone is reading/ or enjoying the stories anymore at this point. If you all want me to continue posting chapters, please let me know!

(Your POV) animal clinic

"All these symbols and things-- the triskeles, the bank logo, the mountain ash-- all of it is from the Celtic Druids. And anyone who has ever looked up 'human sacrifice' before knows that the Druids had a pretty big hard-on when it came to giving one up to the gods." Stiles explains, making me nod in agreement.

Deaton eyes us, before Stiles continues talking. "You ever hear of the Lindow man? Two-thousand-year-old body found in England? He was found strangled, head bashed in, throat cut-- three-fold death. They also found pollen grains in his stomach... Guess what favorite Druid plant that was?" Stiles asks, making Deaton sigh.

"Mistletoe." He says, making me frown. "We're just telling you everything you already know, aren't we?" I ask annoyed, making him slowly nod at me. "Then why aren't you telling us???" Stiles asks confused, making Deaton sigh again.

"Maybe because when you've spent every moment of the last ten years trying to push something away-- denying it, lying about it-- becomes a pretty powerful habit." He says hesitantly. "All right, so this guy... is he a Druid?" Stiles then asks, making Deaton shake his head no.

"No. It's someone copying a centuries-old practice of a people who should have known better. Do you know what the word 'Druid' means in Gaelic?" he asks, making me shake my head. "No." I say. "'Wise oak.' The Celtic Druids were close to nature. They believed they kept it in balance. They were philosophers and scholars-- they weren't serial killers." Deaton explains.

My phone suddenly goes off and I frown when I see Lydia's name appear on it. "Yeah, well, this one is." Stiles counters at Deaton, before I sigh and pick up the call. "Hey Lyds, I can't talk right now." I say into the phone but stop talking when I hear her shaking voice.

"Wait, what?" I ask confused, making Stiles frown my way. "Yeah, are you sure he's missing?" I then ask again, seeing Stiles eyes widen. "Not just missing—taken." I hear my sister shakingly answer. I tell her to remain there, that we will get there as fast as we can.

I end the call and see Deaton and Stiles look at me expectantly. "Lydia just called... a teacher is missing. We need to go help her." I say to stiles, making him nod my way. "I'll come with. I'll try to help find something." Deaton says, making me gratefully nod his way.

...

(Your POV) School

We arrive in the music room and I immediately run towards my sister, giving her a big hug. "You ok?" I ask her, making her slowly nod. "I'm ok... that... not ok." She says, pointing to the piano. Deaton walks over to the piano and presses play on the recording, chanting fills the room. I frown at the music, before he stops the recording again.

"Can we get a copy of this?" he asks, making Lydia nod and walk over, sending herself a copy of the recording. "Hey, Doc...? Any help would be, you know... helpful..." I then say, making him look my way. "Each grouping of three would have its own purpose, its own type of power. Virgins, healers, philosophers, warriors..." he explains, making Stiles nod.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait-- warrior, could that also be, like, a soldier?" he asks, making Deaton nod. "Absolutely." He says. "Kyle was in ROTC with Boyd." Stiles exclaims. "That's got to be it. That's the pattern." Deaton then says, making me nod at the suggestion.