vi | his father's son

| the gif is... self-explanatory |

"i was pretty sure you were supposed to ask lia to marry you last night, and yet, there seems to be no ring on her finger."

[4.6 — His Father's Son]

After a particularly annoying council meeting, Arthur had wandered out to the battlements to clear his head, hoping the walk would relieve some of his stress

After a particularly annoying council meeting, Arthur had wandered out to the battlements to clear his head, hoping the walk would relieve some of his stress. However, his stress seemed to skyrocket when he got outside and saw Lia sitting on top of Percival's shoulders dangerously close to the edge.

"And there's Gwaine walking out of the tavern," Lia pointed out, making sure to keep one hand on top of Percival's head to steady herself. "Ooh, and I can spot as far as Mister Ruffalo's woodworking stall in the markets from up here. The sentries should sit on each other's shoulders for a better view."

"Something tells me Arthur won't agree with that method," Percival said, grinning. "I can give you a piggyback ride back to Gwen and Clement, but then I've got to get to training."

"How about two piggyback rides, and you just show up a little late. Arthur won't mind."

"Will I, now?"

Percival turned sharply, looking at Arthur with wide eyes. Lia hadn't been expecting the sudden movement and lost her grip on Percival's shoulders. A curse left her lips as she toppled forwards, but instead of hitting the ground, she landed in Arthur's arms. He looked rather unimpressed as he stared down at her. Both she and Percival grinned innocently.

"Why?" was all he asked, sighing heavily.

"She likes to feel tall," Percival simply said, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "I think I'll be getting to training now."

"Traitor!" Lia called as Percival hurried off. Then she huffed and looked up at Arthur, who was still holding her up. "You can put me down now."

"No, I don't think I shall," he said, grinning as he started walking towards the castle. "You said you like to feel tall."

Lia smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, not caring about those that stared at them as he carried her through the corridor. "Does this mean I now come to you for piggyback rides, My King? Because Percival is still much taller than you."

"No piggyback rides from anyone," he said, playfully glaring at her. "If you had fallen backward instead of forwards, you'd be dead on the other side of the battlements."

"But I didn't," she simply said, shrugging. "And you were there to catch me, so I didn't get hurt — my hero."

Lia leaned up to kiss his cheek, and Arthur melted, though he didn't forget his concern about her falling. "So, to where am I escorting you to, My Princess?"

"To meet Clement in my chambers," she instructed. "I need a little bit of a haircut."

"Just the ends, I hope. I love your hair," Arthur said, resting his chin on top of her head and smiling. "You won't be able to wear your ribbon if it's too short."