36 | Zane

Song listed at the top:
Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn Malik & Sia (slowed and reverb)
Keep it on repeat ;)

Song listed at the top:Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn Malik & Sia (slowed and reverb)Keep it on repeat ;)

A fairy-tale. A love like in the romance books.

She wants that. Violet wants all that.... from me? How am I supposed to give her all that when I failed to do so last time? How am I supposed to give her that when I myself don't know if I have it in me?

Watching her look at me with such raw emotions is making me think if I want her. I do. But she isn't the problem, it's me. It's that scarred heart I carry around that barely has its pieces together, it's the fact that it's delicate and has been broken once before brutally already. It's the fact that I have a hard time trusting people's words.

But Elvira. Her words are so true, so pure, so full of... awe for me.

The guilt won't leave me and I need to tell her soon on what I had planned and not keep it from her. This is getting messier than I thought it would be. Too much is getting involved and I didn't even think this was going to happen. When feelings get involved, everything turns so much more complicated and this time, I believe it. I never thought this day might come.

When I have business to do, nothing goes wrong, nothing goes unseen from me but this time, it did.

I sigh out and look towards her again but realise it was wrong of me to look away when she is here wearing her heart on her sleeve ready to have me safekeep it.

"Fuck no." I launch forward holding her face in both my hands trying to stop her from backing away from me. I can't handle losing her because for once in my life, in my routine of life, there have been a distraction worth losing my focus for.

She was and is what has changed my life. For the past years I have been living the same every day but from the day I saw her, her smile and her eyes, she had changed everything and turned my life around without even knowing.

"Yes. Of course I fucking do. I want you just as much but you have to understand..." I whisper to her, dropping my head onto her forehead. She takes a ragged breath in making me my heart pinch in pain.

"If I tell you about Veronica, you wouldn't want to be with someone like me. You wouldn't think the same about me. It's the exact reason I have kept it from you. And seeing you look at me any different than you do, I won't be able to face you." I shake my head about to drop my hands from her face but she clasps hers around my wrists keeping them in place.

"Tell me. I'll listen and I know, nothing will change my opinion on you Zane. Trust me." She whispers to me, her green eyes seeming more ocean blue today matching the colour of the sea behind us.

Moving my head back, I realise that she has unshed tears in her eyes. Fuck. I already am making her cry.

My gaze drops to her lips, the lips that I may never get to kiss again after today. The lips that I had been claiming over and over again today. I won't forget this day even if she wants to forget me.