Chapter 13 Greenish-Blue With Envy

The Reds and Blues arrived at their home. . . Valhalla. Parking near Red Base, the group exited their vehicles.

Wash: Pelican's over there. That's where 'Tex' ended up.

Carolina: You mean. . . her body ended up there?

Wash: Right.

Carolina: Show me.

The duo alongside South set off to the crash site, but they were halted.

Simmons: Wait! What about the military? This could all be a trap remember?

Carolina: What are you talking about?

Sarge: Wash and South told us we were fugitives of the law. Bandits, cast out by society, with no hope of redemption.

South: You're a dumbass.

Simmons: Hey! You two told us that the UNSC would be waiting for us when we got back!

Carolina glared at the freelancers.

Wash: It was a possibility. . .

South: We were kidding, you idiots.

Carolina: So. . . let me get this straight.

The Epsilon AI appeared being called by his teammates and appearing beside them.

Epsilon: Yeah hey wha- I can't talk too long. My connection with Carolina's memory unit is not so good. What's up?

Tucker: Ehhh, just enjoying the scenery. What about you?

Epsilon: Well I mea- yeah, you know. Now that you mention it, the trees are kinda nice. Especially in comparison to the desolate environment of the sand and the- hey wa-wait! Is that it?

Tucker: NO THATS NOT IT!

Kaikaina: The hell are you doing with the freelancer bitch?

Epsilon: Hey, calm down! Turns out she's more complicated than we thought.

Caboose: Like monopoly. Or other board games.

Delta: Agent Carolina's mental state has been recorded to be. . . less than exceptional on multiple occasions.

Tucker: Yeah, we noticed. Look Church, just because you want to get close to someone doesn't mean you have to end up inside them.

Epsilon: . . . Oh, come on. Aren't you gonna say it?

Tucker: NO because I'm pissed off!

Epsilon: Alright alright, look guys I'm still on your side, okay? But if Carolina is hiding something, I'm going to have to stay close to her in order to find it. See, proximity is the key.

Tucker: I thought memory was the key.

Delta/Kaikaina: Memory is the key.

Caboose: Oh yeah, and the sword. The sword is the key too.

Tucker: You three, shut up.

Epsilon: Uh, hey I gotta go. We'll talk later.

The AI vanished.

Caboose: We should probably get a key ring.

*With the Others*

Simmons: Sooo, are you going to give us anything to do?

Carolina: Just sit tight. In fact, don't do anything. At all.

Simmons: *sighs* Fine.

Grif: Now that's the kind of order I can get behind. Next do you think she'll tell us to sleep in tomorrow or order us to stop bathing for a week?