she's sick

You rubbed Sana's back comfortingly as she rolled onto her aching stomach. Her skin felt clammy against your fingertips.

You couldn't help but feel worried about her, despite her trying to tell you that she'd be okay after she tries to sleep it off. In the entirety of the almost ten months you've been together, you haven't seen her so unwell before. It broke your heart to see her like this.

"Sana?" You spoke softly and brushed your nails along her back ever so gently. "I'm really worried about you."

"I'll be okay." She tried to say convincingly, only for her words to come out in a whimper as her stomach continued to ache terribly. "I'm gonna sleep and I'll wake up feeling better."

You let out a sigh. You know she's just trying to ease your mind. She's obviously sick and you feel nervous just thinking about how this night could go.

But you're not gonna push her and if she's sleepy and wants to try to rest whatever she's coming down with off, you're not gonna argue.

"Okay." You said before kissing her head softly and rubbing your hand along her back. "I'm here if you need anything."

She just hummed weakly and tried to sleep.

You made sure she was tucked in under the blanket since she was shivering. You laid down beside her and tried to close your eyes, but you knew you stood no chance of sleeping when she was so unwell and restless beside you.

The groans and whimpers seemed to fall from her lips again and again. You continued your attempts to try to soothe her by brushing your fingers through her hair and along her back.

But she was much too miserable to find any relief at this point.

"Sana? What can I do?"

"I don't know." She mumbled as she rolled onto her back. Her eyes were squeezed shut and she had beads of sweat rolling down her forehead. "I just really sick."

You didn't even have the chance to try and think of what to say or do to make her feel a little better.

Because as soon as she said that, she felt her mouth water and her stomach turn and she was jumping out of bed to rush into the bathroom, where she began to get sick.

You were rushing right behind her to coax her through it all. Every agonizing second, you remained by her side.

You held her hair back for her and tried to keep saying comforting words. It seemed to help her a little. Your presence didn't make the vomiting stop, but you helped simply by being there with her.

"It's okay, Sana. Just let it all out."

She continued for another moment until her stomach finally seemed to settle for the first time in hours. She relaxed against you once more as you flushed the toilet and closed the lid.

You both stayed still for a moment to see how her stomach would feel. But when she told you that she was okay, you began to run your fingers along her arm soothingly.

"Wanna go to bed?"

"Yeah." She mumbled and leaned against you as you helped her stand up. "Need to brush my teeth first."

You nodded, knowing that the lingering sick taste on your tongue is always enough to make your stomach flip again. So you held her as she brushed them slowly, taking her time so she wouldn't make herself sick again.

You kept her steady and secure until she rinsed out her mouth and then turned around to lay her head on your chest.

"Let's go to bed." You said and turned the light off before guiding her back into the bedroom.

"I'm cold." She shivered as she laid down.

You brought the sheet up to her shoulders and she sighed blissfully. Her eyes slipped shut, a hum fell from her lips. For the first time since she began to feel sick, she felt relief.

"Do you need anything, my love? Some water? Some soup? Do you think you'll need a bucket?"

She just shook her head as she somehow managed to open her heavy eyes.

"Just need you to hold me."

You crawled into bed beside her and let her lay her head on your chest. She was exhausted and you understood why.

"If you need anything, please let me know. It's going on to two am now. If you need something before morning or if you feel sick, please wake me and I'll get whatever it is that you need in a heartbeat. Okay?"

"Okay, baby," she whispered and started to fall asleep.

"I love you. Hope you feel better soon."

"I love you." She mumbled before she drifted off to sleep, leaving you with a small smile and hope that she'd be feeling better when she woke up.