Twenty One - How To Beat The Unbeatable

Jungkook's back crashed into the wall, coughing blood when he managed to get back onto his feet. His scythe was laying somewhere behind us, abandoned in a heap of snow. Red stained lips split into a wide grin, "This all ya got?"

This was definitely not going as planned - though I doubt Jungkook's had a plan in the first place.

The three Hulks of a man that had greeted Jungkook as soon as he had jumped down the barricade had put up a fight like none before and, clearly, this wasn't what this idiot had prepared himself for.

As I eyed them from behind my little hiding place, it was quickly clear how they had managed to survive that long: Their mere physical strength and stamina easily matched up with that of a dozen of prowlers.

Two of them were build like literal walls, broad and intimidating. One of them had long, black hair which he'd tied up in a ponytail, holding a baseball bat, the other had a military buzz cut. The third was unusually tall, though slightly skinnier than his bear-like pals. They all seemed hell-bent on beating Jungkook to death.

"Whaddya mean? You can barely stand, Girly." Ponytail spat, rolling his shoulder as if preparing for a final punch.

"You seem to underestimate me." Wrong moment to come up with big words like that, Jungkookie.

Buzz cut reached forward, fisting both hands into my friend's collar and dragging him up the wall, "Is that so?" It was like watching a bully beat up the quiet kid in school when he lunged out and punched Jungkook square across the face, an ugly cracking noise coming from them.

I had to press my hand against my mouth to prevent myself from shouting, having to watch in horror how these three completely overpowered the one person I believed to be unbeatable.

Stupid, stupid idiot. I told him no.

Buzz cut reached out again, but this time Jungkook dodged by catching his aggressor's fist with his own. Latter faltered, trying to retreat his hand, but Jungkook didn't let go.

In a mixture of repulsion and fascination I witnessed how Jungkook twisted his wrist in a sudden movement, making buzz cut's arm crack sickeningly. Latter cried out and loosened his grip on Jungkook's shirt. But instead of escaping, he threw himself against the much taller man and wrapped both his legs around his waist, just to throw his body backwards towards the wall with so much force that buzz cut stumbled with him.

Just before his head could crash into the bricks Jungkook let go of the other man and switched their positions so that the taller was now pressed against the wall, free hand coming up to grasp the other's face and smashed his head against the hard surface violently, blood splattering up where head met wall.

This happened in only a matter of seconds, giving me hardly time to process all of it. I was frozen in my small spot between wall and wooden barricade, eyes fixated on Jungkook, who was now swiftly sliding over the ground towards his weapon, gripping it firmly as soon as he got ahold of it.

Ponytail was already onto him, his unconscious partner slumping onto the ground after Jungkook had let go of him.

"You fuckin' bastard." Ponytail growled, hand tightening around his baseball bat. He kinda looked as if he was also prone to cannibalism.

But he alone didn't stand a chance against Jungkook, who was grinning devilishly albeit his bloody nose and fractured cheekbone. In the way he was standing - legs spread and back slightly hunched over, scythe resting in both of his hands - I knew he was done playing games, done underestimating these guys.

"C'mere, honey." Jungkook's crooked smile was triumphant, "Let's get this over with quickly." He practically already won

But wait.

Ponytail wasn't alone-

A large hand suddenly dragged me out of my hideout, making me stumble right into the arms of the third guy. I tried to fight but the fucker didn't even budge, "Fuck-" His other hand came up to my throat, pocket knife snapping out, grazing the delicate skin on my neck.

"Move and she's dead." He shouted, voice firm and dead serious,

God fucking dammit.

Jungkook's gaze wandered from Ponytail towards us, confident grin dropping as soon as his eyes caught onto the glimmer of the blade in front of my throat.

"Drop the weapon." The guy behind me ordered.

"Jungkook, no-"

He dropped his scythe wordlessly, expression shocked, as if he didn't believe his own reaction, "Fuck you." He spat.

I could practically feel the bastard behind me smile, "Get on your knees."

"Jungkook-" I repeated, but he obliged again, movements hollow as if he didn't have control over his own body.

For a second, his eyes flickered up towards a point over us, til his knees hit the frozen ground, arms lifted up behind his head.

"Good boy." The dude behind me praised grossly, blade pressing closer against my skin, "Remember when you move, I'll slice her throat."

I hated every second of this- how scared I was and how little I could do. And how little Jungkook could do. He wasn't unbeatable, after all.

His eyes were trained towards the ground, face hidden behind his hair.

The guy behind me clearly relaxed, relieved that the worst danger was over. What an asshole. "Great, now-"

A loud thump chimed up behind us, as if something heavy hit the ground.

My captor turned around, blade almost boring into my neck, "What-"

I screamed when I felt hot liquid coat my skin.

___

"Move and she's dead."

Jungkook looked up from the meaty bastard in front of him.

No.

There she was, only a few meters away from him, pressed close against the tall bitch he'd kinda lost sight of once Baldy McBuzzcut had punched him in the face.

"Drop the weapon."

He didn't know what to do. He'd never been in a situation like this. He'd never had anyone he cared for before.

Never had someone else's life mattered to him.

His body moved all on its on when he dropped the weapon, unable to not oblige, when he knew that her life was on the line.

"Jungkook, no-"

She looked absolutely terrified. He wanted to kill the bastard holding the knife. God, he wanted to-

"Get on your knees."

"Jungkook-"

He had no choice. The realization that he was about to lose this battle hit him hard in the gut.

He couldn't do anything, because her life mattered.

Then he saw it. Movement over the barricade. He'd recognize this everywhere, even after so many years.

"Good boy. Remember when you move, I'll slice her throat." The fucker pressed the blade closer against her throat, making her choke out a helpless cry.

Jungkook had to lower his head to hide his grin, hoping that his hair hid enough of his face.

"Great, now-"

Taehyung landed behind him, grim expression distorting his features.

The guy holding Y/N halted, the girl making a similarly confused face, though she was in no position to move in the moment.

"What-" He turned around, oblivious to the male lifting the machete right behind his head.

Taehyung slit his throat, blood splattering all over a screaming Y/N.

___

taehyung machete go brr

xx