D E B O R A H

Rhett left last night after our argument, this morning when I woke up he had just gotten here

Rhett left last night after our argument, this morning when I woke up he had just gotten here. I took a shower, a long, hot much needed shower before starting to get ready for the party. When I was drying my hair I heard my bedroom door open, my body tensed up when I saw Rhett removing his clothes that he had on since last night.

"Where were you all night?" I asked while trying to focus on my hair.

"Out." He replies.

That pissed me off, if our roles were reversed he would have gone ballistic.

"I don't understand, you're mad at me for stupid rumors." I said, angrily.

"God damnit, I am mad at you because you never told me you had an affair your ex boss!" Rhett yells at me with his finger pointing downwards, his chest was heaving up and down.

I was stunned, my mouth dried up and my eyes widened. How did he find out? He clearly has no idea that the man I had an affair with is Faust or else he would've told me something. Now I get why he was so bothered that my boss gave me a ride home.

"Judging by your body language, that wasn't a rumor." Rhett's head fell gently, he wipes his stubble chin with his hand.

"Rhett, I'm sorr-"

"I was your fucking therapist and you still didn't tell me, is it because you're still in love with that man?" He whispers, dangerously low.

I stayed silent not knowing how to answer his question, my mouth moved as the words tried to spill out but they got stuck mid way.

"Let's just get through this party, Adora." He says.

"What about after?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

He shakes his head. "I don't have an answer for you right now."

Rhett steps inside the shower leaving me worried, I wiped my tears away before turning around and trying to finish curling my hair. After our other argument everything stayed silent as we got dressed, I felt bad for lying to him. He deserves way better than me, and everyone knows it.

I got dressed in a sparkly pink gown paired with black heels, I added a velvet black ribbon to my curly hair. Rhett was waiting downstairs for me, I walked over to my nightstand. I stared at my engagement for a good 2 minutes before grabbing it and slipping it back on.

I walked downstairs carefully making sure not to fall while doing so, Rhett was waiting at the end of the stairs glaring down at his own ring. I cleared my throat calling his attention, he looked up at me.

His eyes remained on me the entire time while I walked down a couple more stairs towards him, that look always made butterflies form in my stomach but not today for some reason.

"You look beautiful." He says as he reached his hand out for mine, I grabbed it. It's like he remembered how he fell in love with me, my beauty and mind captivated his heart and soul.