Chapter 5

Beginning

Muzan's pov
For Tanjiro's birthday, I didn't know what to do, so I asked my wife's advice. So tomorrow is July 14th, and he's gonna be 6. Back at our house, she prepared a few presents and placed a few decorations around the house. And I can't wait for the reaction of my son to his first real birthday party.

~~~ The next morning ~~~

3rd pov It was now Tanjiro's birthday, he spent a part of the night with the upper moons and Rui, and the other part with Muzan and his wife. The gifts he received from the moons were; cutting strings from Rui, a new haori from Douma, a bracelet from Akaza and a nichiri blade by Kokushibo. He has now mastered the breath of the moon and knows a part of the breath of the sun. A breath is a technique that increases the strength in your body, mostly in your grip, your legs and your lungs. And for the presents he received from Mizuki (It'll be Muzan's wife), there's a cake with a few toys like a wooden horse and other animals. Tanjiro was very happy because he spent the whole day with his father and sister, Muzan and Nezuko. He also had fun with the demons. But the best thing he got was not something he could hold, it was the nice and sweet walk he had outside with Muzan. When they were getting back because it was getting late and Tanjiro was tired, Muzan was holding his son in his arms.

They were simply walking in the streets of Asakusa when suddenly someone disturbed their peace by tapping on Muzan's shoulder. When he turned around to see who it was even though he already knew who was there, he saw Shinobu Kocho and Giyuu Tomioka, the insect and water pillars. They were ready to attack the man but stopped when saw that he was holding a child practically asleep in his arms.

"Why would you have a child in your arms!?!"

"Dad, who are they?"

This question shocked the pillars, dad? Why would this man, this demon have a son!?!

"Sorry, why thought you were someone else."

"It's quite alright."

By complete chance he was able to spread a bit of his blood in the air to make a small illusion, the illusion was that Tanjiro looked completely different from how he is. In the illusion, he had very short blond hair, was wearing a blue haori and had black eyes. So he was still safe to use him as a spy in the demon hunter corps. He then walked to his house still carrying Tanjiro in his arms. When they arrived, Mizuki was happy to see his husband happy, which was rare for him to show emotions.

Later in the evening, both Muzan and Tanjiro were back in the infinity fortress, greeted by the three first upper moons. As morning came Tanjiro was tired, si Akaza went to put Tanjiro to sleep. After the child was asleep, Muzan told all his upper moons to be aware of the pillars.

~~~ 2 years later ~~~

Today is the final exam to become a demon slayer. Tanjiro is now 8 years old and has mastered hand-to-hand combat, total concentration breathing all day and all night, and the breath of the moon and the sun. To look even more credible he went to Urokodaki Sakonji to learn the water breath. Tanjiro just arrived at the site the exam is taking. When he arrived two little girls were waiting for every candidate to arrive. They then explained what they had to do, which is, to survive in the mountain for one week and then go back to the Wisteria flowers. To start there were more than 20 candidates, let's see how many are gonna survive this mountain full of demons.

As Tanjiro was slaying the demons on the mountain, Muzan was watching him through the eyes of the demons. And of course, none of the demons were able to even put a scratch on Tanjiro, I mean, he knows three breaths, has total concentration constant and is as strong as upper moon 5. Hell yea! He's as strong as a pillar! He didn't care for the other candidates, there was just one he protected from a mutant with many hands, and cause he didn't want to look suspicious, he let the demon hurt him, and now he's got a super cool scar on his forehead.

When he got back from the mountain to the Wisteria flowers, there were only four others after him, one dude with a boar mask, a scaredy-cat, one with a weird haircut and a calm girl. Most of them were shocked by the age of Tanjiro, usually, people who take the exam are more than 12, but he is 10.

The two girls, probably twins, explained the ranks, took the measures for the uniforms of all of them and then they made them choose an ore for their blade but since he already received one two years ago he didn't need one. All he had to wait for was the uniform, he was going to wait at Urokodaki's house.

Two weeks later, a man with a straw hat came to the house to give out the uniform, and the others their sword as well. The man had a clown mask, and when he asked why Tanjiro didn't need a nichiri sword, he lied that one of the heirlooms of his late deceased family was a nichiri sword. He never took it out of its sheath, so the swordsmith was excited about how the colour will change. Because the nichiri sword is also called the colour-changing sword, the colour changes depending on your breath and your personality. When Tanjiro took the sword out of its sheath the sword turned red. By what the swordsmith said, red is the rarest colour and the most powerful.

A few moments later a crow came to announce Tanjiro's first mission, after changing into his uniform he took off for the beginning of his adventure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey! Same bla bla as usual, this is the sixth part, and voilà!

Miss 25th night
1018 words!!!