all eyes on the golden girl

"So

"So...how exactly am I staying at your place? I was like...a fugitive all over the news." I ask as Hawk and I sit by the cliffs. He went there instead of his house so we could just...talk. He didn't want to "shock" me or whatever back into the real world too fast.

"Well, since I joined Cobra Kai...my moms noticed that I've become a lot more...well, me. You didn't know me back..then, and that's a good thing. She says it's a great outlet...and it's a lot cheaper than thera- I mean, it's cheap. I told her some of the stuff you've been through, and explained to her how I felt similar...having to act like everything was perfect all the time. Definitely not the same level as you..obviously...just..I don't know. She offered to help. She even offered to uh..help you get emancipated?" He says like it's just some little gesture.

Trying to process everything that just happened, I turn around to face him.

"Wait..what? So...I can live with you, and..try and get emancipated at the same time? What even...how chill is you family..." I question in disbelief

"Oh not chill at all. Well, now she is...just because well...I'm happy...I think. Anyway. Only if you want,that is..I'm not sure if you saw the news or anything but your parents refused any interviewed and just..carried on with life like normal. Do...do you want me to have her talk to them? Or.. you talk to them? My uh...my mom got the authorities involved and they did a investigation...my mom told them she'd take care of you that way you didn't have to go into foster care while they're undergoing the whole thing." He says with a lot of sympathy. I...wow.

"Most of your stuff is already at the house. Well, all the stuff we could bring..anything you need we'll help you get." He says putting on my shoulder. I turn into him, burying myself in his chest.

"Thank you...thank you guys so much..I need to tel your mom thank you. I can't see it enough.." I say with tears of joy slightly wetting his shirt.

He runs my back to confront me.

"Of course, darling." He says kissing the top of my head.

He lays back so he's laying on the ground watching the sunset with me laying on his chest.

"Ash...why'd you run." He ask bluntly.

A few moments of silence pass.

"Honestly..I don't know. I figured it might...well make my parents not default to auto pilot. It..was a dumb decision, and a very rash decision but...." I think of meeting Lucy again, and my friendship with Robby...he reminds me so much of Xander. It's scary. Robby...Xander...I hope they're ok. "I don't regret it. At all. Any of it. And..one day, I'll be able to explain it all to you. I promise." I say leaning up to kiss his cheek as he looks deeply into my eyes.

He nods slowly. As if he wants to say something, but decides not to.

He taps my leg.

"Well, it's sunset..you ready to head home?" He says grabbing my hand and helping me up.