Chapter 39

The next morning, Obi-Wan awoke feeling more satisfied and happy than he had in a long time. Looking down, he saw his lover asleep on his chest, the morning sun bouncing off of her smooth skin. Their legs were tangled together under the sheets of her bed. Sliding his hand up and down her back, she slowly awoke to the light of the rising sun.

"Good morning." Obi said, his morning voice rough and husky.

She smiled and said, "Good morning, melethron (lover)." Leaning down, he brought their lips together and kissed her deeply.

"I've never been so happy to wake up. Next to you." Obi-Wan said, tightening his grip on her and pulling her closer into him.

(Y/n) sighed contently and said, "I wish we could stay like this forever."

"As do I. But the worlds still spin."

"Indeed they do..."

The couple lay together, watching the sun rise from the window. They both soon realized that the Jedi Council will be wondering where the both of them were, for a meeting was scheduled soon and all members were required. Both dressed, although reluctantly, and made their way towards her door.

Grabbing her hand, Obi-Wan kissed (Y/n) one last time before they had to leave separately. "Come on, we've got to go." he said.

Nodding, she went to open the door, but was soon met with a familiar face on the other side, preparing to knock.

Anakin

"Kriff." she muttered as she looked at Anakin's shocked face.

"(Y/n)... Obi-Wan... I was just coming to ask where... he was..." the younger Jedi started slowly, taking in the fact that it was early morning, they were both here, alone, and he had not seen Obi-Wan at his chambers. Anakin wasn't dumb. He connected the dots. Besides, they both had a glow about them that suggested what happened the night before, and their robes were slightly disheveled.

"Anakin-" Obi-Wan went to start, but he cut him off.

"Obi-Wan, hey, I get it... I guess." Anakin said. "I just didn't think (Y/n) had enough guts to finally make a move." He smirked at the flushed and upset elf beside him.

"Anakin Skywalker, don't tell anyone." she growled, Obi-Wan putting a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"You can trust me. I swear I will not tell anyone else about what I've found out." Anakin said, putting up his hands. "But I do need to know how this exactly happened."

"We don't have time for this. We have to get to a meeting." Obi-Wan said, and motioned for (Y/n) to leave first. She nodded, and looked between the two of them before exiting the room, leaving Obi-Wan and Anakin alone.

"Obi-Wan, what is this exactly?" Anakin questioned, and Obi-Wan ran his hand over his beard in exasperation.

"Please don't think me a hypocrite, Anakin. I just-" Obi-Wan struggled for the right words, but the young Jedi in front of him understood plenty.

"You're in love with her." he stated, making the master look at him. Obi-Wan sighed, bowing his head and nodding. "Don't worry, Obi-Wan. You're not the first Jedi to fall in love. It's natural."

Obi-Wan smiled lightly, glad that his friend could understand where he came from. Although, it did make him wonder as to how Anakin could sympathize with him to this level. He put it aside for now, nodding his head as Anakin left the room. Putting his hand over his face, Obi-Wan breathed in a breath of relief, realizing how close they were to getting caught. It could have been anyone on the other side, but thank the Maker it was Anakin and not someone like Windu.