The View From Up Here

We flew behind Rapunzel as she went up towards the clouds and I decided to follow her since I got the hang of flying pretty fast. "Life's been so unsatisfying. Look at me now I'm flying." Rapunzel sang and I laughed as I followed her as she darted through clouds. "Free wheeling from cloud to cloud to cloud." She sang as she hovered over a small cloud.

"Wings spread and the sky below me. There's no one to stop or slow me. Pure freedom and everything's allowed!" I sang as I flew around a field of flowers and Rapunzel did the same thing with dandelions causing the seeds to flow through the air.

"Down there." Rapunzel sang and I flew next to her. "Down there." I sang softly after her. "I know there's tons of burdens I must bear." She sang as she weaved through the black rocks. "I know there's tons of burdens I must bear." I sang dragging into echo out longer than her.

"Somewhere, but from up here." Rapunzel sang as we flew over a gorgeous waterfall. "The world looks so small." I sang smiling down at the view. "And suddenly life seems so clear." She sang and I did a loop around her going ahead of her. "And from up here, you coast past it all." We sang together and we flew into a herd of butterflies.

"The obstacles just disappear!" I sang as I flew with the butterflies. "You never feel heavy or earthbound." I sang as I flew right above the water and a wave splashed me slightly. "Your worried are just inner fear." Rapunzel sang and I followed her back to the trees.

"There's nothing but you looking down on the view from up here." We sang together before landing where Varian and Cassandra were. I landed next to Varian and he simply stared down and realizing how high up we were. "You've got to try this Sapphs!" I said and he rubbed his wing on the back of his neck. "I-I don't know." I looked over and saw Rapunzel already taking Cass with her. "Cmon Sapphires! It'll be fun!" I said as I pushed him off the branch and quickly diving down after him.

"Stretch out with the wind behind you." I sang as Varian struggled to stretch out his wings before doing so and gliding slightly. "Here we go." He sang softly and I pulled him up with me. "Go on up, let the current find you!" Rapunzel sang to Cassandra doing the same as I was. "Look out below." Cassandra sang with caution in her voice.

"Safe landing and sail from tree to tree." Rapunzel sang before letting go of Cass and I did the same to Varian. "Stick close!" Cassandra sang and Varian gave me pleading eyes. "Don't leave me, please." "Head up to the stratosphere with only the stars to steer us!" I sang and I smiled as I saw both of them get the hang of it.

"Just think of the possibilities!" Rapunzel sang as her head popped out from a cloud. "I think we've got it!" Varian and Cassandra said together. "Below." Rapunzel started to sing as she went around on a cloud. "Below!" I sang after her and flew around Varian. "We spend our whole like trudging to and fro." Rapunzel said as she dived in and out of a cloud. "We spend our whole life trudging to and fro." I sang softly as smiled at my friends.

"And from up here the world is all yours!" We all sang together as we dove down to a field with horses. "Each mountain and meadow and pier." We sang as we went over and under the horses legs. "And from up here, life's duties and chores are barely worth shedding a tear." We sang as we went over a river. I dove down under the water and quickly shot back out of the water getting Varian wet causing him to laugh.

"And all of the sky that's before us." We sang as we flew through the trees. "Straight up to the far stratosphere. So head for the blue and let's take in the view from up here!" We sang and I marveled at the ancient statues of different gods, goddesses, and warriors from ancient times.

Varian waited up with me as I stared at the statues before we both shot up into the air circling around each other. "It's just me and you looking down at the view from up here!" Varian and I sang together before flying to catch up with Cass and Rapunzel.

We landed on a giant statue of Hades and I was marveling at the detailing of it when Cass spoke up. "Okay Raps, are we done yet?" Cassandra asked. "Just a little longer. This is the most amazing-Chirp!" We all turned to face Rapunzel at the sound she made. "Wait! Did I just-CHIRP!" "Yeah, Squawk, you did!" Cassandra said before covering her mouth. "So did, Caw, you!" Varian said before covering his mouth as well.

"Oh crap! Your brains are changing! We need to get back there right now!" I said and they all stared at me confused. "Why aren't you, Caw, doing this?" Varian asked and I quickly pushed them to get moving. "Did you forget? I didn't drink the tea as fast as you guys did. I still have a little bit of time! Now we have to hurry!" I said as we all flew back.

We all landed on the toadstool table where the man and woman still were. "That was amazing! Thank you so much! But now, chirp, we'd like to be changed back, chirp." Rapunzel said and we all nodded. "I'm sure you would, dear." The woman said and a cage was placed on top of all of us. "But it pains me to say we have different designs." She said and we watched as she placed the blue eggs back in the basket and covering it.

"We, squawk, need those to change back!" Cass said as she got higher up in the cage. "I'm afraid we shan't oblige, my little chickadees. For you see, we don't want you to change back." She said and my eyes widened. "We want you to become the newest addition to our aviary menagerie." The man said gesturing to their collection of birds.

"Think of all this as an avian art collection to which were always adding new pieces." He said and Rapunzel gasped and Varian stood in front of me. "Wait! Those are all...people!" The man opened the latch at the top and Varian pushed me behind him more. "Indeed, for people make the most beautiful one of a kind birds." He said and a bag was placed over us and he pulled us all up. "Come now, darlings. Off to your new home."

I heard Rapunzel sigh as we all slumped in the bag. "Cass, I should have listened to you. I just wanted to show you-" "Show me how to seize the moment?! Here's what the moment got us." Cassandra said gesturing to all of us. "I know you take a lot of pride in your irrepressible carefree spirit. It's what makes you you. But did you ever stop to think that maybe that attitude can be a bit selfish sometimes?" Cassandra said and Varian took a deep breathe before looking at Rapunzel. "(Y/n) even said she had a bad feeling about these people and that teapot, and I've learned that it's best to trust (Y/n) with these kinds of things, but you still wanted all of us to do this Rapunzel. Heck! (Y/n) is only a bird because she can hardly say no to anyone especially you Rapunzel!" Varian said started to get upset and I placed my feathered wing on him. "Varian that's enough." I said and Rapunzel looked down. "I'm sorry." She said softly. "This trail of black rocks is your destiny." Cassandra said starting to get more upset. "But I dropped everything to make sure you get to the end of it. I'm taking this seriously. Why aren't you?" Cassandra asked. "Because I'm scared. You're right, Cass. These rocks are my destiny, and that's terrifying. What if they lead to...somewhere I'm never supposed to come back from?" Rapunzel asked and I felt bad for her.

"We're home!" Father said picking us out of the bag. "Our friends are gonna come looking for us, and when they do, you, chirp, are in trouble!" Rapunzel said before we were put inside the bird cage. "I don't think your friends are gonna be much help, blondie." I looked behind me and saw Lance, Eugene, and Hookfoot as birds. "You're all birds?!" Rapunzel asked and Lance started flexing. "Well I'm the strongest bird-" Lance started to say before Eugene cut him off. "Not the time, Lance." "Well on the bright side I literally can't see how this can get any, CHIRP!" I quickly covered my mouth and sighed. "I stand corrected. Well played, chirp, universe."