BLONDE'S BIRTHDAY

Today is Andrea's birthday. Everyone is excited except me, Sabrina and surprisingly my Mother Lily. My father is planning some Royal Ball for her and today he is going to declare the 'BONDING' of two families that is Andrea and Royce's marriage.

She is been throwing tantrums since morning ordering all the servants, screaming and shouting.

I am gardening right now while wearing a white dungaree which is now all dirty and my floppy hat is irritating me right now because I'm sweating. It's a sunny day and my bob cut hair is now all sticky with sweat. I love gardening it makes me feel calm.

"Hey Honey, here I got you some lemonade." My mother said.

"Thanks." I replied while taking the glass from her. She hasn't changed a bit just beautiful as always. She is wearing a dungaree but a black one with same floppy hat as mine. I can feel that she wanted to ask something but feel hesitant.

After a long silence she asked "is everything good at school?"
"Yes! It's amazing" I said cheerfully trying to hide my emotions.

She frowned and said "I know what happened yesterday at school" I looked at her and saw pity in her eyes and I turned away. No, I don't want that.

"Let me guess Sabrina?" I asked and there was silence.

"Okay! I hate Andrea; she is everything I want to be. She is Perfect, ma! She is even getting married to Royce, the man I wanted. She is beautiful, confident and smart!" I said and I didn't even realize that I was crying until my mom wiped my tears away with a sad smile on her face.

"You think Andrea is beautiful? And Royce is the right one for you?" she said in shock.

After a pause she said "look at me Arya" I turned my head towards her.

"Never judge a book by its cover. The beauty of a person is always in their heart, their looks have nothing to with it and as for Royce believe my sweetheart he is not the one for you. You my dear! Is a selfless Kind of person and deserve a man better than Royce. He doesn't deserve you! Believe me." She said.

I gave her a warm smile and she smiled back. "Come on! Let's finish this work!" She said enthusiastically. We worked all afternoon in the garden chatting and laughing.

It is 7:00 pm now and we are late for Andrea's so called Royal Birthday Ball. We were walking back to our house; the moment we entered we heard someone's voice calling us out.

"Mrs. Romano?" the deep masculine voice said when I turned around it was Royce. He was smiling at my mother. Suddenly I felt self conscious, thinking how dirty I look. He was wearing a very expensive tuxedo and was looking very handsome. Then I remember my mother's words. It doesn't matter what he thinks of me he is betrothed to Andrea.

"How are you Mrs. Romano?" he asked

"I'm fine! How are you?" she asked.

"I'm fine too" he said

Then his forest green eyes shifted to me. I wasn't looking at him I was staring at a boring piece of art which I suddenly felt interesting but I could feel his eyes on me. My mother cleared her throat; she felt that I was uncomfortable.

"Hello Arya" he said in his husky voice and I griped the gardening tools in my hand. "Hello" I mumbled, I looked up at him and he was giving me his famous charming smile. I couldn't help but smile back. "Were you gardening?" he asked.

"Yes, I love gardening" I said with more confidence and his smile didn't fade. "If you'll excuse us ladies....we have to get ready for the ball" my mother interrupted our conversation. "Sure, see you in the ball room." Royce said directly looking at me and ignoring my mother's death glare. My mother took my hand and led me out of the hallway.

I took a shower and changed into a long lavender red carpet dress which my mother bought for me. I didn't bother to put make up on.

When I reached the ball room I saw Sabrina standing with her mother. Her mother greeted me cheerfully and so did Sabrina. Later she left us alone. After sometime a royal song played and Andrea entered the ball room thinking she is a princess. But in reality she looked a demon from underworld. She had too much make upon her face and her dress is sparkly way too sparkly.

"What is she?" Sabrina asked in curiosity. "I think she thinks that she is Cinderella" I said. "You kidding me right" she said. Andrea's Bitch Squad was there and was screaming and hooting like a maniac and I rolled my eyes. My father came at Andrea's side and took her hand for a dance. Suddenly I felt something, jealousy. He never danced with me. Maybe he also thinks that I am shame to this family.

Now she is surrounded by lots of people. I took a deep breath, Okay! I just have to wish her and go back to my room so that my father couldn't make a fuss about that. "Happy birthday Andrea." I said and her bitch squad all looked up at me with stoned expression. She ignored me totally as if I am some germ and said trying to make me jealous "Loren would you like to be my maid of honor at my wedding". "Omg!.......yes I would love to!" I guess Loren said and I rolled my eyes as if I want to even attend your stupid wedding.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Royce looking at me curiously. He was holding a glass of whisky and was looking extremely hot.

"ARYA!" Royce shouted. I stopped in my tracks and turned around slowly. "Yes."I said sounding uninterested. "Would like a dance with me?" he asked. I stood there in shock. He didn't even wait for my reply and yanked me in the center of the ball room. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at us. I could even feel Andrea's piercing eyes on me.

"So you like Aster Alpinus." He said while dancing and I looked at him shock. "H..How do you know that?" I asked. "After our little talk, I went for walk in the garden and saw lots of them I figured you like them" he said. "oh" I said.

Then Andrea interrupted our dance. She came and gave a kiss to Royce on his jaw and I looked away.

I slipped through his warm embrace and went in the direction of my room. The fun fact was that I could feel him watching me. I need to stay away from him as far as possible.