special chapter

"Easy there, ma'am."

Sooyoung's voice entered Sakura's ears, which made her jolt up in sudden shock and turned her head up from her paperworks to her secretary who's standing in front of her table with a small smile plastered on her lips.

The Japanese woman shook her head, trying to collect her thoughts up and sat up straight on her swivel chair with a sigh, giving Sooyoung a curious look. "Yes? What is wrong, Ha?" She asked, her hand reaching for her collar and fiddled on the first button of her white button up shirt, wanting to unbutton it to breathe properly because she felt suffocated.

Smiling, Sooyoung shook her head. "Chaeyeon called me just a few minutes ago," She said, and that made Sakura freeze on the spot— just hearing her wife's name made her feel thousands of positive emotions already.

Just like that, she perked up, all of the stress and annoyance lingering in her existence faded away almost immediately— only positive energy remained. Chaeyeon's effect on her stayed the same, actually, it even became more extreme after they got married just two years ago.

"Oh? Then, why didn't she call me instead...?" Sakura responded, licking her lower lip after, craning her head a bit to look at her phone from the corner of her desk— untouched and lifeless. Chaeyeon didn't also give her a message or anything.

Sooyoung giggled, crossing her arms. "She's afraid she might bother you while working," She replied with a small smile, almost barking out into a laugh when Sakura pouted.

"Sheesh, we've been lovers for years now and I always keep telling her never to hesitate to call me even if I'm at work or meeting, I don't care. I prioritize her above everything." Sakura sulked, clicking her tongue in slight disappointment before her eyes went up to her secretary again and leaned back to her chair, trying to relax. "What did she say, by the way?"

Sooyoung hummed before delivering the message to her. "Well, she asked if you can go home early." She said softly, observing her boss quietly and sighed when she saw how Sakura's nervous eyes landed on the pile of paperworks on top of her desk.

Deflating, Sakura massaged her temples, gulping. "Uhh," She muttered, obviously troubled. "Well, I-I'll try. Tell her, I'll try. I will just finish these all, and I'll dash home immediately." She added, looking away and cursing something under her breath. She felt bad because she might go home around midnight, which is the earliest.

Sooyoung gave her a pointed look and the CEO scoffed. "Don't worry, I-I'll call later. I'll explain that I might go home around midnight..." She whispered and sighed, looking back at her paperworks and stared at it lifelessly. There were some problems in the company so she's really needed here to work on it for a while.

"It's your birthday, Sakura." Sooyoung pointed out. "Your wife is waiting for you. And probably, Nako too." She added which made Sakura hiss.

"I know that, I know! But I need to finish these or we'll face another problem by tomorrow." Sakura exclaimed, sighing afterwards as she scratched the back of her neck, eyes shut.

Sooyoung was silent for a while, just staring at her boss with a blank look and sighed, excusing herself after that and Sakura just pouted, watching her secretary's retreating figure.

After that, she picked her phone up and opened it— the picture of her, Chaeyeon, and cute little Nako popped up. They are smiling brightly at the camera and the CEO couldn't help but to let out a smile too. This picture was taken last year, when they had a trip in Switzerland.

When the screen turned black, her smile dropped and sighed, opening it once again and unlocked her phone. She was about to open the phone call up when she stopped, thinking that it's not a good time.